Jeannie Mai Jenkins: “I only speak Vietnamese to my daughter. Jeezy speaks the ‘south’ to her.”

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

Time stamped for your convenience.

On Tuesday, the former The Real co-host, 44, talked with Jennifer Hudson on the Jennifer Hudson Showabout all the ways her life has changed since the finale of her talk show, including the birth of her daughter, Monaco, 16 months.

"I love her so much, she's so opinionated. And I think the best thing is learning how to really teach her how to own who she is," Jenkins said. "She's a beautiful blend of being Black and Vietnamese and I want her to really understand what that means as a powerful woman today."

"We try to have her spend time with her Southern grandparents in Atlanta, in Georgia, and then she goes down to the Bay and she spends time with my Vietnamese grandparents all the time. So she understands both sides and I only speak Vietnamese to her. And then dad only speaks the South to her," she joked.
oceanmam-dr-umar.gif

@Mowgli can you confirm that this happens in your Asian household? :jbhmm:

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

On Tuesday, the former The Real co-host, 44, talked with Jennifer Hudson on the Jennifer Hudson Showabout all the ways her life has changed since the finale of her talk show, including the birth of her daughter, Monaco, 16 months.

"I love her so much, she's so opinionated. And I think the best thing is learning how to really teach her how to own who she is," Jenkins said. "She's a beautiful blend of being Black and Vietnamese and I want her to really understand what that means as a powerful woman today."

"We try to have her spend time with her Southern grandparents in Atlanta, in Georgia, and then she goes down to the Bay and she spends time with my Vietnamese grandparents all the time. So she understands both sides and I only speak Vietnamese to her. And then dad only speaks the South to her," she joked.
oceanmam-dr-umar.gif

@Mowgli can you confirm that this happens in your Asian household? :jbhmm:

Easy eeeeeez. I don't have an Asian household. Don't ever disrespect me like that. That mentality kind of exposes how some brothers view their women. Over them. Deferring to them. The man with the black belt in brazillian jiujitsu runs the house over here. My kids speak the white mans language. 🥴

I'm the one gettin it poppin

I try to encourage my wife to help them learn Mandarin but I think she's to impatient to be running them through all those drills. It's not an easy language to learn.

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I don't have an Asian household. That mentality kind of exposes how some brothers view their women. Over them. Deferring to them. The man with the black belt in brazillian jiujitsu runs the house over here. My kids speak the white mans language. 🥴

I try to encourage my wife to help them learn Mandarin but I think she's to inpatient to be running them through all those drills. It's not an easy language to learn.
I’m assuming you’re not teaching them said language?