Japan's Mysterious Connection to The Edo People Of Nigeria & Benin

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:snoop:
I was 90ish% sure it was going to be this brand of nonsense ....note there are a few African languages that share words with the Japanese languages.
And while interesting has nothing to do with "origins" and more to do with the fact that the human tongue can only produce so many "phones". As a result you are going to have overlaps in phonemes between various languages ....and by extension overlaps in Morphemes.

Phone (phonetics)​

In phonetics (a branch of linguistics), a phone is any distinct speech sound or gesture, regardless of whether the exact sound is critical to the meanings of words.

In contrast, a phoneme is a speech sound in a given language that, if swapped with another phoneme, could change one word to another. Phones are absolute and are not specific to any language, but phonemes can be discussed only in reference to specific languages.

For example, the English words kid and kit end with two distinct phonemes, /d/ and /t/, and swapping one for the other would change one word into a different word. However, the difference between the /p/ sounds in pun ([pʰ], with aspiration) and spun ([p], without aspiration) never affects the meaning or identity of a word in English. Therefore, [p] cannot be replaced with [pʰ] (or vice versa) and thereby convert one word into another. This causes [pʰ] and [p] to be two distinct phones but not distinct phonemes in English.

- Phone (phonetics) - Wikipedia

Simply put you have to do more than show similar words. You have to show a means of transmission.

Last edited: