Jake Roberts on todays wrestlers

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jake was critical of today’s wrestlers not selling moves:

"What kills me is is they'll go out and do all these horrible fu**ing crazy unbelievable spectacular moves and nobody gets beat by one of them, but they get beat by the most vicious hold in wrestling, the schoolboy. I hate that. God damn I hate that, and shame on you guys for doing the school boy you lazy fu**s. Is your fu**ing ego gotten so big that you won't fu**ing get beat by the guy's best maneuver? That's what I want to get beat by. I want to get beat by that guy's best maneuver, not a schoolboy where it's an accident and I'm such a pu**y that I can't kick out. Give me a break guys. Get your head out of your ass. Have some respect for your fellow combatant and go out there and sell a little bit. That's my only bytch with these young guys. They don't sell shyt.”

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jake was asked if Vince McMahon was interested in running religious bookings:

“Yea, he wanted to do that big time. He told me if he wasn’t a wrestling promoter, he wanted to be running revivals and barnstorming the country.”

Jake talking about Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart’s WWF Title reigns:

“If the Kliq is going to take all the pats on the back for drawing the house, then you gotta take all the pats on the back for the numbers that are dropped. That’s where the proof of the pudding is. You can say that Shawn Michaels had a great run or Shawn Michaels was a great champion, but what were the numbers? You can say Bret Hart was a great champion. What were the numbers? They don’t lie. You go ahead and tell me what the numbers were and they go quiet. Hulk comes back and what happens? Numbers go where? Oh, there must be something to that.”

On the rib pulled on Sunny:

At the time, I think there were a couple of wrestlers that were both sleeping with her. I don't want to mention any names, Bret and Shawn, but it’s out there and well known." (Note: Bret and Sunny have both denied this, no one else has claimed this about Bret and Sunny).

Jake continued, "We went to Europe and she was on it and Shawn was pissed off at her for some reason. When you go to Europe, they send a chef with you and they cook for you every day. You know, they cook before the show, then they'll cook you stuff up for after the show. They'll make a nice little container for it. You just walk by and find your name and there it is. Boom, you're done. Well, Tammy picked up her food one night and went to her room and ate it. When she got to the bottom of it, she realized that somebody had taken her pasta and chicken out of the box and then put a great big turd in the bottom and then put the pasta on top, and she ate down to the turd. So of course the next morning everybody's like, ‘Man, that was some shytty pasta last night. The food's usually good, but that shyt last night tasted like shyt.” She knows who did it. They're the ones that are firing these barbs at her. 'Tammy, how was your pasta? I bet your pasta was good, though, right, because you like shyt.’”

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
fukking facts. Getting superkicked 100 times and then Canadian destroyers only resulting in 2 counts

Just recently when we saw Kevin Owens vs Sami USO , Sami hit him with the brainbuster onto the hard part of the mat. That shyt should end a match for fukk sake.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukking facts. Getting superkicked 100 times and then Canadian destroyers only resulting in 2 counts

Just recently when we saw Kevin Owens vs Sami USO , Sami hit him with the brainbuster onto the hard part of the mat. That shyt should end a match for fukk sake.
That completely took me out the match, it had no affect on the rest of the story.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Facts.

Imagine the big boot, leg drop, 2.75 count, shocked Hogan not knowing what to do to put Tugboat away.

:aicmon:

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Honestly It’s Not The 2 Count Kickouts That Bother Me

It’s Getting Hit With A Move, Falling To The Floor And Selling For 2 Seconds, Then Immediately Getting Back Up And Hitting An Offensive Move On The Opponent That Annoys Me Personally

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
blame HBK and HHH for that shyt, those are the first people I remember kicking out of all the bullshyt to get a pop for the kickout.

HBK’s cockeyed ass
I don't know who was first but I want to say I first remember it at WM 15 when Austin and Rock kicked out of each others finisher.

I don't remember it before that (other than higan hulkinf up)

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
I don't know who was first but I want to say I first remember it at WM 15 when Austin and Rock kicked out of each others finisher.

I don't remember it before that (other than higan hulkinf up)
That was like, once each in a match (maybe a few times WM19)

But HBK kicked out of everything and would stare up at the light with that stupid look on his face.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"10 years from now, half those guys — you won't even remember their names," Roberts said.

Speaking on the vast array of high-fliers, his biggest point of contention stemmed from how much work they put into their acrobatics only to lose on something like a Schoolboy pin, declaring that some are "too prideful" to lose to their opponent's finishing maneuver. In his mind, he'd want to be defeated by his opponent's best move. He then corrected his initial assessment of how many of today's wrestlers will be forgotten in the years to come, going much higher than 50%.

"I say 85% of 'em — you won't even remember their names," Roberts added. "Because they're flash in the pans and they don't have any character," criticizing the lack of care and effort in persona development that others have noted exists in AEW's model. Roberts didn't elaborate on the 15% that he thinks is doing things well, but he did use himself as a measuring stick for relevancy, noting how long he's been out of the ring and yet how in demand he remains.

"Jake 'The Snake' has not been in the ring since 1997, 2000? That's 20-something years," he continued, "and I'm so friggin' busy now, man, I'm barely keeping my head above the water. I don't see these young kids doing signings, and you know why? Because nobody knows who the f*** they are

Read More: Jake Roberts Comments On 'Flash In The Pan' AEW Wrestlers With No Character - Wrestling Inc.

DaStangMan

Rookie
Bushed
Daps
Jake was asked if Vince McMahon was interested in running religious bookings:

“Yea, he wanted to do that big time. He told me if he wasn’t a wrestling promoter, he wanted to be running revivals and barnstorming the country.”

Jake talking about Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart’s WWF Title reigns:

“If the Kliq is going to take all the pats on the back for drawing the house, then you gotta take all the pats on the back for the numbers that are dropped. That’s where the proof of the pudding is. You can say that Shawn Michaels had a great run or Shawn Michaels was a great champion, but what were the numbers? You can say Bret Hart was a great champion. What were the numbers? They don’t lie. You go ahead and tell me what the numbers were and they go quiet. Hulk comes back and what happens? Numbers go where? Oh, there must be something to that.”

On the rib pulled on Sunny:

At the time, I think there were a couple of wrestlers that were both sleeping with her. I don't want to mention any names, Bret and Shawn, but it’s out there and well known." (Note: Bret and Sunny have both denied this, no one else has claimed this about Bret and Sunny).

Jake continued, "We went to Europe and she was on it and Shawn was pissed off at her for some reason. When you go to Europe, they send a chef with you and they cook for you every day. You know, they cook before the show, then they'll cook you stuff up for after the show. They'll make a nice little container for it. You just walk by and find your name and there it is. Boom, you're done. Well, Tammy picked up her food one night and went to her room and ate it. When she got to the bottom of it, she realized that somebody had taken her pasta and chicken out of the box and then put a great big turd in the bottom and then put the pasta on top, and she ate down to the turd. So of course the next morning everybody's like, ‘Man, that was some shytty pasta last night. The food's usually good, but that shyt last night tasted like shyt.” She knows who did it. They're the ones that are firing these barbs at her. 'Tammy, how was your pasta? I bet your pasta was good, though, right, because you like shyt.’”
I would probably be in jail for stabbing Shawn Michaels if he pulled a rib like that on me

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
"10 years from now, half those guys — you won't even remember their names," Roberts said.

Speaking on the vast array of high-fliers, his biggest point of contention stemmed from how much work they put into their acrobatics only to lose on something like a Schoolboy pin, declaring that some are "too prideful" to lose to their opponent's finishing maneuver. In his mind, he'd want to be defeated by his opponent's best move. He then corrected his initial assessment of how many of today's wrestlers will be forgotten in the years to come, going much higher than 50%.

"I say 85% of 'em — you won't even remember their names," Roberts added. "Because they're flash in the pans and they don't have any character," criticizing the lack of care and effort in persona development that others have noted exists in AEW's model. Roberts didn't elaborate on the 15% that he thinks is doing things well, but he did use himself as a measuring stick for relevancy, noting how long he's been out of the ring and yet how in demand he remains.

"Jake 'The Snake' has not been in the ring since 1997, 2000? That's 20-something years," he continued, "and I'm so friggin' busy now, man, I'm barely keeping my head above the water. I don't see these young kids doing signings, and you know why? Because nobody knows who the f*** they are

Read More: Jake Roberts Comments On 'Flash In The Pan' AEW Wrestlers With No Character - Wrestling Inc.
I don't even remember 90% of the guys that competed during wrestling's apex in the 90s.

These young guys be doing signings all the time. They just don't go to these hobunk towns where the only wrestlers there are old ass motherfukkers like himself.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G