J.K. Rowling smacks down racists freaking out over black woman playing Harry Potter character

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
thor J.K. Rowling took to Twitter on Monday to lash out at people outraged over the casting of a black actress of South African heritage to play the role of Hermione.

After word got out that Noma Dumezweni would be starring in the upcoming playHarry Potter and The Cursed Child, a number of people complained on Twitter that the role was never intended for a black person. Hermione was played by Emma Watson in the Harry Potter movies.

“Canon: brown eyes, frizzy hair and very clever. White skin was never specified. Rowling loves black Hermione,” Rowling shot back on Twitter.

Rowling’s tweeted had been “liked” nearly 40,000 times by Monday morning.

Although some pointed out that Rowling had made references to Hermione’s white skin in her books, others noted that criticism was unwarranted because the play was an adaptation of Rowling’s story.

“Interesting that some people find a black Hermione Granger harder to believe in than, you know, magic spells,” one person quipped.

J.K. Rowling smacks down racists freaking out over black woman playing Harry Potter character

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
There was a fan that got upset over the fact that Dumbledore was gay but Rowling hadn't spelled it out for the readers.

The brilliant thing about literature is that character traits and perception are always up to the reader and you can hardly go wrong.

Cake

Banned
Daps
Jk rowlings is racist. All those books are lowkee about nazi Germany.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
:mjlol:@ getting upset at the portrayal of a fictional character.

I hope it doesn't get as huge as when they casted for the Hunger Games with the character of Rue. :scust: That was White America at it's core. "I LOVED HER IN THE BOOK! WHO'S THIS BLACK bytch?! OH HER DEATH IS MEANINGLESS NOW!" Buncha can't read, every character I read/play is white in my eyes until I see a physical representation, ass fukkheads. I honestly wish I never read them books or watched 1/3rd of that shyt ass movie franchise.:pacspit: