J. Cole: “I Might Not be as Successful as I am Now if I Was Dark Skin”

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
||

lets just call it what it is, there is the light skin pass, which really has no substance to it...and quite frankly the mix does not come out right...
now there are some mixed people who look good...

but just because some is mixed does not mean they are good looking
Majority of mixed people are extremely attractive. Sure some come out funny looking, but they are a small minority.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Lil Wayne, Kanye, Biggie, Gucci... all them nikkas Black and ugly as hell and they doing more numbers.

Last edited:

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Yall are naming dark skinned rappers but you are failing to realize that none of those rappers make the same kind of music as Cole. Coles hits hits are love songs, rick ross, gucci, etc dont have the look to pull off a song like Power Trip. I think Cole is saying he sales because his skin tone fits with that love song category that women of all races feel comfortable looking at.

Last edited:

BastardChild

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Daps
Reppin
Bridgeport , CT To Columbia , SC
Yall are naming dark skinned rappers but you are failing to realize that none of those rappers make the same kind of music as Cole. Coles hits hits are love songs, rick ross, gucci, etc dont have the look to pull off a song like Power Trip. I think Cole is saying he sales because his skin tone fits with that love song category that women of all races feel comfortable looking at.
good way to look at it

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
LOL If anything, being a light skinned male is historically hated on, outside of a few legends like LL or Redman. People still believe that all light skinned men are simps and weak-willed :russ:

skillz2

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol I cant breath :laff:

Does Kandrick, Kanye, hell Biggie ring a bell? This n*gga is funny

I can see the point he's trying to make but your right light skin/dark skin issue doesn't really affect men like it does girls certainly not for rappers anyway. However, the point he made about Obama was spot on. He wouldn't be President if looked liked Wesley Snipes.

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can see the point he's trying to make but your right light skin/dark skin issue doesn't really affect men like it does girls certainly not for rappers anyway. However, the point he made about Obama was spot on. He wouldn't be President if looked liked Wesley Snipes.

I do agree that in some areas, especially in politics and entertainment race and skin tones play a factor in your success, but I disagree in hop-hop and that was my argument in this thread!!!

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Majority of mixed people are extremely attractive. Sure some come out funny looking, but they are a small minority.
If majority of mixed people are extremely attractive, then any group is extremely attractive. However, very few people any background are truly extremely attractive. Most are aight, cute, decent, average. || Like truly good looking handsome is rare ||

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is light skin? This white boy don't know sh*t!!!!

Nas.jpg
:russ: nikka im dark skin. Anybody lighter then :comeon: Is a shade of light skin to me. Thats my opinion tho