J. Cole: “I Might Not be as Successful as I am Now if I Was Dark Skin”

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He has a point but honestly, Hip Hop is one of the few avenues where most of the popular entertainers are darker skinned

Nas
Biggie
Tupac
Jay-Z
Snoop Dogg
50 Cent

The list could go on and on regarding that one. But overall I feel what J.Cole was attempting to
none of them are really dark skinned thou.. and hov is lightskinned....but when has a rapper that is as dark as bangs.. blew up..

Hov is LIGHTSKINNED my nikka??!!??!???:wtf:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what's the point then? Hiphop is not about looks and color tones. Are you people crazy? There are no attractive rappers out at this moment. Drake and J Cole are not cute to me, I could careless how light they are. Success in hip-hop has nothing to do with the color of your skin.

:dahell: J. Cole is ugly but Drake is cute n/h

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Kanye West is dark skinned and is the biggest rapper on earth right now....

Lil Wayne is dark skinned and is the only rapper right now capable of pushing a million units in a week...

It's not about light or dark skin when it comes to Hip Hop mainstream. It's about marketability and how you build up a fanbase. Everything else Cole said was almost 100% on point but he shouldn't have made the light/dark correlation when it came to arguing his point of his own success

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye West is dark skinned and is the biggest rapper on earth right now....

Lil Wayne is dark skinned and is the only rapper right now capable of pushing a million units in a week...

It's not about light or dark skin when it comes to Hip Hop mainstream. It's about marketability and how you build up a fanbase. Everything else Cole said was almost 100% on point but he shouldn't have made the light/dark correlation when it came to arguing his point of his own success

Thank you. I could understand in Pop or R&B but not in f*cking hip-hop.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Lil Wayne said the light skin comment to Drake...

i dunno, when you really look at successful blacks its not a lights skin thing...its various factors...

President Obama is African whose player dad went at Harvard, and Presidents mom was white trash...lets call it what is was, and Obama made that out of something...If Obama was a stereoyptical american mixed blacks who just have been a president maybe a senator/governor, because even american blacks before Obama did not see how they themselves being elected as president.

As skin tone...Jay Z is a fav rapper...and kinda noticed his is kinda light, but not as light as beyonce...but Jay rap is at another level and thus his fans. Kanye West is dark skins has 9,700,000+ followers on twitter. Lil Wayne dark skin got 12,900,000+ followers on twitter. Notorious BIG dark skin. All successful rappers.

The irony of it all is there were two people, 1 dark and 1 light, who came together to create the mixed child. The child still has "dark" blood.

Also Wale is dark and has 3,000,000 followers. J. Cole has around 4,300,000+ followers. On the flip side white rapper MGK who was in the freshman xxl 2010 list has 800,000 followers on twitter. Light red skin rapper Nipsey Hussle on the 2010 freshman xxl list has 422,000 followers on twitter. "dark" big seans has 4,500,000 followers on twitter. "dark" wiz khalifa has 11,100,000+ followers on twiter.

I have seen the color card being played, but for the most part core hip-hop fans are not racist.

Sadly there might be some help with crossover, but it also comes down to talent, timing, connections, media...

Sometimes the colorism and racism creates more issues.

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: Either you're busted or a troll

No way in hell is the Gremlin better looking than The Liteskin Messiah or J. Colon
Kendrick+Lamar.png

That smile >>>>

j-cole-drake.jpg

Kendrick looks way better, Cole and Drake are not attractive!!!!

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He has a point but honestly, Hip Hop is one of the few avenues where most of the popular entertainers are darker skinned

Nas
Biggie
Tupac
Jay-Z
Snoop Dogg
50 Cent

The list could go on and on regarding that one. But overall I feel what J.Cole was attempting to

Hov is LIGHTSKINNED my nikka??!!??!???:wtf:

Nas is light skin

biggie,50 and pac had to get shot to get the fame they got now.

hov is lockd in with the top white nikkas so he put in his work on shytn on black ppl. Its the only way. U either gotta rock with them & shyt on us or lead us down the wrong path with your music. Both the same to me. But u not finna be no famous nikka without obeying them.

and yes mafukkas use light skin dark skin favoritism just to separate us. But nikkas too dumb to see that.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
Kendrick+Lamar.png

That smile >>>>

j-cole-drake.jpg

Kendrick looks way better, Cole and Drake are not attractive!!!!
||

lets just call it what it is, there is the light skin pass, which really has no substance to it...and quite frankly the mix does not come out right...
now there are some mixed people who look good...

but just because some is mixed does not mean they are good looking

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is light skin

biggie,50 and pac had to get shot to get the fame they got now.

hov is lockd in with the top white nikkas so he put in his work on shytn on black ppl. Its the only way. U either gotta rock with them & shyt on us or lead us down the wrong path with your music. Both the same to me. But u not finna be no famous nikka without obeying them.

and yes mafukkas use light skin dark skin favoritism just to separate us. But nikkas too dumb to see that.

Nas is light skin? This white boy don't know sh*t!!!!

Nas.jpg

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
||

lets just call it what it is, there is the light skin pass, which really has no substance to it...and quite frankly the mix does not come out right...
now there are some mixed people who look good...

but just because some is mixed does not mean they are good looking

I agree, Drake and Cole might be lighter and mixed but they are not attractive to me!!!