J. Cole: “I Might Not be as Successful as I am Now if I Was Dark Skin”

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think he was talkin bout his female fanbase... which honestly is 70% of his dans. He has bytches from all races. 2nd only to Drake in terms of the new rappers, so i think he he right

BastardChild

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Daps
Reppin
Bridgeport , CT To Columbia , SC
He has a point but honestly, Hip Hop is one of the few avenues where most of the popular entertainers are darker skinned

Nas
Biggie
Tupac
Jay-Z
Snoop Dogg
50 Cent

The list could go on and on regarding that one. But overall I feel what J.Cole was attempting to articulate
none of them are really dark skinned thou.. and hov is lightskinned....but when has a rapper that is as dark as bangs.. blew up..

Enchanted

Point God
Daps
Reppin
NYC
He is saying if HE HIMSELF was a dark skin individual, he probably not be as successful. If J. COLE was born darker. Not that dark skin rappers in general can't be successful.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
America fears the real nikkas whose ancestors didn't lay down with the oppressor. If you're a dark skinned nikka in America you've experienced the worst prejudice an American born citizen can endure. Any dark skinned nikka that prospers in America deserves salutations for overcoming all of the odds.

Last edited:

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there are a million females out there who are only fans of artist because they are attracted to them and they make catchy wack hooks.. so i disagree

First off I am a female and my favorite rapper is Jay-Z. He is the most ugliest nikkas to make a career out of this sh*t. They are tons of female Jay fans and they like him because of his content, looks played no part in his success, same for Kanye, Biggie, Wayne, 50. These nikkas are dark and and were more successful than J Cole please!!!!

BastardChild

Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Daps
Reppin
Bridgeport , CT To Columbia , SC
First off I am a female and my favorite rapper is Jay-Z. He is the most ugliest nikkas to make a career out of this sh*t. They are tons of female Jay fans and they like him because of his content, looks played no part in his success, same for Kanye, Biggie, Wayne, 50. These nikkas are dark and and were more successful than J Cole please!!!!
and you are not the average female.. how many females are in here talking hiphop besides you.. im just saying.. you might be a butch lesbian who looks like a defensive lineman or you love hiphop im not even trying to diss you my point is.. you are not the average female... the average chic is not thinking about hiphop on that deep of a level.. they like catchy beats.. simple hooks.. r&b thugs ...shyt they can sing in the shower..

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
He lives in NY now.

ah, well i guess that makes sense.i haven't been there in a while and haven't really been there besides being a tourist. how bad is it in NYC? i know about the stop and frisk but is it worse than in the south?

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
He's wrong about the hip-hop thing. Bit he's bang-on about Obama. He's half black and not from African American lineage if you know what I mean. He's a mixed race East African.

Enchanted

Point God
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Completely missing the point. Back to the kitchen.

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and you are not the average female.. how many females are in here talking hiphop besides you.. im just saying.. you might be a butch lesbian who looks like a defensive lineman or you love hiphop im not even trying to diss you my point is.. you are not the average female... the average chic is not thinking about hiphop on that deep of a level.. they like catchy beats.. simple hooks.. r&b thugs ...shyt they can sing in the shower..

So I gotta be a butch lesbian to like hip-hop? You sounds so ignorant. Being on a hip-hop forum doesn't mean sh*t. My whole crew f*ks with hip-hop. Ya'll make hip-hop seems so complicated and hard to understand when its not that serious.

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Completely missing the point. Back to the kitchen.
So what's the point then? Hiphop is not about looks and color tones. Are you people crazy? There are no attractive rappers out at this moment. Drake and J Cole are not cute to me, I could careless how light they are. Success in hip-hop has nothing to do with the color of your skin.

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what's the point then? Hiphop is not about looks and color tones. Are you people crazy? There are no attractive rappers out at this moment. Drake and J Cole are not cute to me, I could careless how light they are. Success in hip-hop has nothing to do with the color of your skin.

You're sitting here thinking they way you look at it, is the way all females look at it. You're not the average mainstream hip hop listener. You wont find the average mainstream listener going on a hip hop forum or blog site. They are the type of people who only find music by listening to what's hot at the moment, and to determine whether or not they are a fan, the first thing they will do is look at the artist's image. We don't speak for mainstream hip hop listeners, shyt most of them can't name you any hip hop artist that isn't mainstream. This is the point he's trying to make