J. Cole: “I Might Not be as Successful as I am Now if I Was Dark Skin”

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i wouldnt disagree with what he said.. shyt is true in some instances
Not in hiphop though, the most ugliest nikkas are successful from this sh*t. Who cares about skintones. J Cole aint even that successful!!!!!!

AlldayNE

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does he have to bring up color and skin tones. Nobody cares if a rapper is dark or light. I would hope. He sounds stupid as fukk and I thought he was more intelligent!!!!!

People who listen to hip hop probably don't, but how much of an artist success now a days is more so about their gimmick/image than it is about their actual talent? How many people actually ignore what artist or doing because "he is p*ssy" or his persona seems fake to them? It wouldn't surprise me at all if skin color played a part. I mean I see it everyday, people actually judge artist off of their image more than the music.

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Heads will indirectly expose their race base on some of these replies. Don't even sweat it.

But it does got me thinking on how in the hell did Kendrick Lamar blow up among other things.

Kendrick actually is dope and attractive, but his complexion aint have sh*t to do with it. Talent and his team is what blew him up

Illeye buckmatic

I Don't Stunt I Regulate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Buckeye State Of Mind
This nikka finna fukk around and disappoint NaS all over again:snoop:
His looks have nothing to do with his success. On that vibe cover with NaS,he looks like a rapist:demonic:
Even in workout plan he looked creepy as fukk watching them kids on the playground:shaq:
I wonder if he been on any picnics lately:mjpls:

killacal

Banned
Daps
lol I cant breath :laff:

Does Kandrick, Kanye, hell Biggie ring a bell? This n*gga is funny
Those nikkas are a million times more talented, hes saying his mediocre ass would be on the shelf if he didnt have the light thing going for him

Lala718

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People who listen to hip hop probably don't, but how much of an artist success now a days is more so about their gimmick/image than it is about their actual talent? How many people actually ignore what artist or doing because "he is p*ssy" or his persona seems fake to them? It wouldn't surprise me at all if skin color played a part. I mean I see it everyday, people actually judge artist off of their image more than the music.

Not in hip-hop though!! Color and looks plays no factor in this sh*t

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Why are these fakkits mad that women are posting. I don't want none of these nikkas. I am just killing time at work. Deal with it!!!!
Yo, I got a G for the first nikka to snatch the exclamation point key off this broad's keyboard...real shyt.