Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
son considering the other genres of music
there is no real successful rap artist anymore

rap mafukkas that go plat dam near take a year just to reach it

that's why i cant fukk with this shyt now

rap nikkas brag yet this is the lowest point for rap shyt, sales wise and artistic quality wise

imo JayZ is not sucessful cause this nikka had to team up with a fukking cell phone company just to sell

so J fukking Cole damm sure not sucessful:russ:

You nikkas are dumb as shyt :what:

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At first I thought it was a bit of a trolling, tongue in cheek response by J Cole to Macklemore's comment (Based on the thread title), but as I read the OP I could feel what Cole is saying...but I dunno, white GOAT contenders in rap is rare. The majority of the legendary rappers blakc...successful white rappers are pretty much a rarity. And only one you can say has a balance of success, talent and respect for the artform (Eminem). Macklemore is just a pop artist, he might get love from the soccer moms and such but hip hop heads aren't fukking with him like that. He'll be another Vanilla Ice.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
son considering the other genres of music
there is no real successful rap artist anymore

rap mafukkas that go plat dam near take a year just to reach it

that's why i cant fukk with this shyt now

rap nikkas brag yet this is the lowest point for rap shyt, sales wise and artistic quality wise

imo JayZ is not sucessful cause this nikka had to team up with a fukking cell phone company just to sell

so J fukking Cole damm sure not sucessful:russ:

The internet caused the plummet of sales. Plus, you think that it still is 2008. A lyrical nikka sold the most albums (K-Dot). @ other lyrical dudes reached gold in 2 months (Cole and Wale). More dudes are forced to step their bars and music game up.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Lot of smart dumb mu'fukkas on here.. Completely missing the point dude was making..

And you nikkas got IT certs right ? lol

He lost me trying to compare his plight to that of A POLITICIANS PLIGHT LIKE OBAMA.

I NEVER heard the "light skinned" shyt from ANYONE on ANY MUSIC FORUM...EVER...regarding J Cole.

People REALLY AND TRULY do NOT care about J Cole's skin tone.

Maybe girls who are attracted to him, but dudes NEVER brought that up.

...like ever.

Dude isn't even the first mixed rapper.

Deetee

Notorious Lurker
Daps
Reppin
T.Dot
He's right about Obama tho :ehh:

Beyonce was kinda brown back in the day bleach made her and Nicki lightskinned. And on average lightskinned rappers are way less successful than their dark-skinned counterparts but it doesn't matter honestly cuz we're all black. The stereotype shyt about being a ball player or rapper to be in first class is bullshyt. :upsetfavre: gone :upsetfavre:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll add to that and say there's actually a perfect case study for this right now. And that is Wale. In Wale and Cole you have two artists that are roughly about the same age, make the same music, carter to the same audience, and came out within a week of each other. J.cole is outselling Wale by twice the amount though, despite the fact that both albums are about equal in quality (many on this forum would argue that Gifted was better actually).

Wale went platinum last time didn't he though?....I don't think darkness is a factor in hiphop for simple fact,the more threatning the better history has shown....obviously that's the not the same for just about any other line of work in america,but hiphop it is.

Don't get me wrong if u cater to the ladies I think looks might play a factor and u could squeeze some extra sales out of women if they find u attractive....but nothing crazy I don't think.

U might say lightskin can hold u back as historically u could be considered soft or a pretty boy,u might have to go harder than the next man to beat the stereotype but even that's a reeeeaaaach...I think dude wuz just thinkin out loud which will happen when ur being recorded,give em a break:heh:...if he stops and thinks about it now he might take it back as evidence proves it doesn't matter.

Then again why ***** *** ain't a superstar when he rap circles around these new nikkas back in the day and now:ohhh: ?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And just to get off fans for a second and how most of us feel,do you think the actual labels are quicker to give a Jcole a chance bcuz they see greater crossover potential in sumbody that's lightskin far as doing shyt outside of hiphop?where skin color can play a factor? Do u think a lighter person may at least have a easier foot in the door due to the stereotypes?