ive rewatched the wire at least 8-9 times, but haven't watched season 2 since it aired... cuz it's

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
trash, and honestly has no bearing on the rest of the show

Miss me w the bs about how important the docks and Greeks are.... important enough to basically never show them again (outside a minor cameo w Marlo)

Season 2 of the wire is easily to blame for this show not doing well in ratings as it's some of the worsis tv ever made

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Aint season 2 when we get the goat omar scene, in the court room? That scene made me a fan of omar the rest of his run, before that I was indifferent.

Show got low ratings cause it became word of mouth after it was off the air. If it had gone to a netflix like service (which were not even around then) i think it would have caught on much sooner, similar to breaking bad after season 3

Genos

Superstar
Daps
The first time I watched it I thought it was the lamest season. The first season set it up as a crime drama between drug dealers and cops and the second season was not that at all. Although during the second watch the second season really establishes what the show is; a critique on the system as a whole and how it affects poor people of different races. The first season shows the effects of the drug war and how the occupying force of the police has effected black communities. Cops abusing citizens, the police force caring more about the appearance of stopping crime instead of actually stopping crime, and how legalizing drugs actually makes communities safer and them being illegal allows the excuse for the police to be an occupying force.
The second season is how it effects white people, due to automation and a lack of investment in poor communities, poorer whites are having less jobs and no future to look forward too. Like black people, they turn to the illegal drug trade. This shows another consequence of the war on drugs where when drugs are illegal you have to deal with shady characters who may make non violent drug dealers into traffickers of dangerous items and things that should be illegal. The only unrealistic thing in this is that Zig would've probably been addicted to heroin/opium. Every season of the Wire is good.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
my favorite season of The Wire is the first hands down. Basically I love all the street shyt. The cops, political stuff is important and really elevates the series to a whole other level but the street shyt and jokes are the heart of the show, imo.

1 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 2

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Not saying you can skip season 2 if it's your first time watching the series but there are no reasons to watch that trash more than 1nce

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
People that say skip season 2 or its not important watch the show for the wrong reasons.

Season 2 is a good season their is nothing wrong with it and it's another important cog in the entire premise and theme of the entirety of the show.
So was everyone just like where the fukk is deangelo?

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Season 2 is awesome cause it's the first time you get to see how police officers bounce around to different details. When the old gang finally got back together i was :banderas:

Also you see the fukkery of how alotta shyt don't really be about shyt, Valchek started a whole detail on Frank Sabotka on some spiteful shyt cause he lost the chance to place his fukkin stained glass window in the fukkin church. And the piece of shyt motivations for certain cop behavior and choices. The intricacies of police hoe-assery got put on front street in season 2

Bunk and Freamon first clicked up in season 2 too...

Frank Sabotka was a real nikka for the most part, he was the least deserving of an L on the whole season...

Bodie moved up to the towers on season 2 :myman: