I’ve realized at the end of the day I only get hype for exclusives

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m seeing all these UI features and talk of what each system can do and thats great because It adds playability to al lithe games. Let me start off by saying i am NOT bashing xbox here, I think it has potential to get back to the 360/xbox original days of putting out diverse and fun single player games soon. Whatever the initiative is working on is sure to be mind blowing, along with all these Western rpg studios they’ve acquired which is my jam.

But when it comes to getting hype about a new gen launch I want to know what I’m gonna be playing NOW. Right now sony has hit the ground rolling from the ps4 to ps5. They haven’t seemed to lose a step in their stride. People praise nintendo for switch’s first year, for mario, mario kart (port), zelda, and splatoon 2. But sony is coming with fire their first year, which is what I’m most excited about, all the bells and whistles come later (FOR ME)

Right now from november until the end of 2021 we’re looking at

• Demon Souls remastered
  • Miles Morales
  • Returnal
  • Death Loop
  • Kena
  • Horizon Zero Dawn 2
  • God of War 2
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Godfall
  • Stray
  • Odd world
  • Grand Turismo 7
  • Ghost Wire Tokyo

And those are just the confirmed exclusive or timed exclusives for next year, on top of all the 3rd party stuff, sony is slow trickling out one big game after another all year. This might be the goat launch year for a console, right after the switch. The reason people tell you not to buy new consoles is the lack of games and this is the first time they are given us something to look forward to.

Xbox has a lot on the horizon but it’s hard to get excited about a year of cross gen and backward compatibility.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I’m seeing all these UI features and talk of what each system can do and thats great because It adds playability to al lithe games. Let me start off by saying i am NOT bashing xbox here, I think it has potential to get back to the 360/xbox original days of putting out diverse and fun single player games soon. Whatever the initiative is working on is sure to be mind blowing, along with all these Western rpg studios they’ve acquired which is my jam.

But when it comes to getting hype about a new gen launch I want to know what I’m gonna be playing NOW. Right now sony has hit the ground rolling from the ps4 to ps5. They haven’t seemed to lose a step in their stride. People praise nintendo for switch’s first year, for mario, mario kart (port), zelda, and splatoon 2. But sony is coming with fire their first year, which is what I’m most excited about, all the bells and whistles come later (FOR ME)

Right now from november until the end of 2021 we’re looking at

• Demon Souls remastered
  • Miles Morales
  • Returnal
  • Death Loop
  • Kena
  • Horizon Zero Dawn 2
  • God of War 2
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Godfall
  • Stray
  • Odd world
  • Grand Turismo 7
  • Ghost Wire Tokyo

And those are just the confirmed exclusive or timed exclusives for next year, on top of all the 3rd party stuff, sony is slow trickling out one big game after another all year. This might be the goat launch year for a console, right after the switch. The reason people tell you not to buy new consoles is the lack of games and this is the first time they are given us something to look forward to.

Xbox has a lot on the horizon but it’s hard to get excited about a year of cross gen and backward compatibility.
And yet you're excited (calling it best launch ever) about a bunch of cross gen games or remakes that don't reach 120fps like say a gears 5. And God of war is not a year away :mjlol:

The fact you gotta stretch the truth is the proof. So you enjoy those games bruh, I hope you do. But everyone here can see you're capping right now. tbc

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That means you just get hype for the hype train, aint nothing wrong with that.

Most PS stans fall in that boat but don't like to admit it.:manny:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
And yes I agree with dudes statement.
Exclusives (at least on the Sony side :sas1:) are simply better.
They express the personality of the conosle
Opposed to the cookie cutter 2K. Madden, COD and Assassin Creeds every year

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Today I learned a game doesn’t have to come out with games. All that matters is if it comes out with games within a year after it’s released. :francis:
tenor.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Read the OP.
Dude is talmbout alleged piff droppin by the end of 2021. :stopitslime:
I like backwards compatibility but not so much that I would take it without any new games.
When PS6 drops we gonna move the goal posts further to “brehs did you see the piff they got dropping within the first 3 YEARS! I’m copping a PS6 on day ONE!!!”

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Read the OP.
Dude is talmbout alleged piff droppin by the end of 2021. :stopitslime:
I like backwards compatibility but not so much that I would take it without any new games.
When PS6 drops we gonna move the goal posts further to “brehs did you see the piff they got dropping within the first 3 YEARS! I’m copping a PS6 on day ONE!!!”

Over half a dozen brand new games are being released on ps5 on launch. Even if you want to claim some of them are cross-gen, so was BOTW. At the end of the day we still got NEW PlayStation exclusive games to play at launch.

And sony has showed us that they have a steady stream of games being released month after month all next year. How is that not enough incentive to get a ps5?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Today I learned a game doesn’t have to come out with games. All that matters is if it comes out with games within a year after it’s released. :francis:
Yeah, a game doesn't have to come out with games. I mean, when I buy Demon's Souls and Spider-Man in a few weeks, I don't expect it to come bundled with GTA V, Bloodborne and Horizon 2. :troll: