I've decided I'm not signing the birth certificate. What now? (I gave up...)

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I'm here for laughs about it at this point but I also have questions. Is there any way I can be forced to list myself in the future? Am I wrong for feeling guilty? Should I still try to be in the child's life?

The scenario is fukked up, obviously. Timeline wise, I'm somewhat sure the kid is mine but I can't gamble with this. I also wanted the kid and thought she did, too. This woman threatened to get an abortion and once that window closed, she decided to share that she was being shared. Multiple ex boyfriends, old high school flame and her manager. Not to mention some of my so called "friends". At least one.

Not all while she was pregnant but apparently throughout our relationship which has been a little less than 2 years. We broken up now and I'm moving in a month, hopefully less.

During that discussion about moving, she asked if I would still go to appointments and be there for the birth. I said I'd do whatever I can work permitting as a duty to my potential kid. I thought that was more than nice.

She said if I show up I have to sign the birth certificate. I made it clear I won't be doing that without a DNA test. Her ultimatum was that if I don't plan to sign, I don't need to be there for anything including the birth.

Nah, fukk all that. If I'm not 100 percent sure, I'm not signing shyt. So here we are.

sit tight
get the test
don't be bullied by her or anyone
don't be extra and lose your cool during this time
if its not yours, leave forever and block her on everything

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
It's all bad. I was starting a new job and she argued with me until 6am so I'd be tired or have to call out. This is the third time she's done this. She just wants me to be a bum or something. It's an insane amount of toxicity.
It’s giving narcissist

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
My boy didn't sign the birth certificate either. Then his baby mom died around Christmas of last year & now he's engaged in a legal battle for custody of his kids with her family. The family is framing it under the guise that he never wanted them to begin with. You have to do what you feel is right though.
Why would he not sign for multiple kids? One I can understand

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I have encountered a crazy like that...... read below and watch your back...... if that bytch can't track you down, I would JET!!!....... Her only purpose is to use that child to control or hurt you

A manipulator will actively lie to you, make excuses, blame you, or strategically share facts about them and withhold other truths. In doing this, they feel they are gaining power over you and gaining intellectual superiority. Exaggeration and Generalization. Manipulators are experts in exaggeration and generalization.

A pathological liar lies constantly to get what he wants, caring little for who gets hurt along the way. Considered a coping mechanism, pathological liars often exhibit other personality disorders.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Make sure all communication is documented (text/email/social media/etc)…back it up just in case
Don’t sign shyt
Don’t even agree to shyt

…you’re better off ghosting her
Stop talking to her or engaging…treat shawty like she police

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I thought you meant

"I ain't signing no matter what. Even if I know for sure"

That would be wrong.

But if you demand a DNA test first, then

THATS ONLY RIGHT

DNA test should be mandatory anyway. Like. Before they LET you sign, you get tested. Should be a law.

Had a situ like this in my life. A nephew that wasn't actually a nephew. Caused all kids of heartache. And we tired to keep treating him as fam, but the harsh reality drove us apart eventually. Not in a dramatic way. Just drop by drip til you lose touch and seeing each other is mad awkward when you run into them.

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What stops you from completely abandoning that bytch and the child? Legit disappear. Don’t believe the bigger man bullshyt. Even if that is your kid , you’re going to have to have some form of interaction with the trifling bytch!

I used to be a traveling musician and I'm currently a comedian and my new day job is finna be remote. Disappearing crosses my mind all the time. But it would make me so much like my own father that I second guess it, for better or worse.

@Fiji Water

I ain't gon lie to you. That's some rough stuff, my guy. This is the kind of situation that could make a lesser man go off the deep end, so first of all, I want to commend you on keeping your cool (outside of hitting the wall, but you didn't hit her and you patched up the wall so you're good).

Man.

Bro.

I feel for you. How did you find out?

I know a woman like this, who gives it up to everybody and her bf broke up with her and she wanted to cry tears cause now she's single and has nobody to help her raise her son, but what the hell did she expect? I mean, I'm nice to her, but in my mind, I'm like, this hoe is shameless. She was giving it up to any and everybody, expecting a man to want to build with her after he learned what she was up to. It's sad.

I found out for absolutely no reason. She just told me she'd slept around. I guess to "get it off her chest". I told her if she wanted me around she shoulda took that to the grave. Glad I know, tho.

Nut in broads, Breh's

I'm finna change the thread title lmaooooooo

You must ain’t tell your mom or she ain’t a real one if you have to solicit opinions from innanet strangers on this one

If only. My mother passed a decade ago in my early 20s. My dad is a piece of shyt for a lot of reasons but it just occurred to me why men abandon they kids. It's deadass heartbreaking but I'll get thru it, inshallah.

It’s giving narcissist
Thank you! I started researching narcs. Although YouTube and reddit can be dramatic, I believe I truly am dealing with a insecure narcissist. I was triggered to explore the topic because I noticed that she is a very bubbly and smiling person until we get home. Then the mask comes off. She also projects and invalidates my feelings a lot.

Her go to is the gaslighting which is legit infuriating. She'll listen to me recount a whole story and deadass tell me it didn't happen. I feel like I'm going crazy and knowing she's possibly a basket case makes me wanna flee for good, baby or not. Just cut all ties and hope God forgives me.

I pray for everyone that has ever dealt with a narcissist as a intimate partner.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Get the test. Borrow some bread and hire an attorney if necessary. This is your LIFE, your future, you're talking about.

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to be a traveling musician and I'm currently a comedian and my new day job is finna be remote. Disappearing crosses my mind all the time. But it would make me so much like my own father that I second guess it, for better or worse.

I found out for absolutely no reason. She just told me she'd slept around. I guess to "get it off her chest". I told her if she wanted me around she shoulda took that to the grave. Glad I know, tho.

I'm finna change the thread title lmaooooooo

If only. My mother passed a decade ago in my early 20s. My dad is a piece of shyt for a lot of reasons but it just occurred to me why men abandon they kids. It's deadass heartbreaking but I'll get thru it, inshallah.

Thank you! I started researching narcs. Although YouTube and reddit can be dramatic, I believe I truly am dealing with a insecure narcissist. I was triggered to explore the topic because I noticed that she is a very bubbly and smiling person until we get home. Then the mask comes off. She also projects and invalidates my feelings a lot.

Her go to is the gaslighting which is legit infuriating. She'll listen to me recount a whole story and deadass tell me it didn't happen. I feel like I'm going crazy and knowing she's possibly a basket case makes me wanna flee for good, baby or not. Just cut all ties and hope God forgives me.

I pray for everyone that has ever dealt with a narcissist as a intimate partner.

Ain’t shyt funny about this. But who cares? Be just like your daddy…I’m sure he has like 15k less gray hairs due to not sticking around.

Hopefully you haven’t been running your mouth telling your family and shyt. If not, just quietly fukkiin dip. shyt is not rocket science. Listen to 3 stacks. Rocket ships don’t look back they dip.