It’s crazy how every region in Hiphop had unique hairstyles except New York

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Lots of loc heads in nyc but dreads is more associated with cultured Caribbean people. You’ll barely even see a Americanized Caribbean person rocking them.
That's true but I think like with the fade NYC has taken it to another level. I think some of the best fade and loc styles have come from up north.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
That's true but I think like with the fade NYC has taken it to another level. I think some of the best fade and loc styles have come from up north.

I just hope to god that the hood nikkas in NYC never hop on that dread look wave where 6 nikkas in a crew are all rocking dreads. The variety of fades, fades afros/twist, braids and dreads is unique blend itself.

Detroit and Milwaukee also have that similar blend.

It’s just weird to me when I see 10 nikkas in a crew that all look the same

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2-Guard-Haircut-Waves-with-Taper.jpg

we call this cut a Brook(lyn) in Jersey. I don’t know if other regions rocked the taper on the sides and back like we do. I know NBA dudes were into that cut heavy before the Jimmy Butler/fukkboi fro took over.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This thread is so forced, my God.

Y'all really out here saying that the flat top and the shape up weren't part of NY style from it's or9gin?

Are y'all dead ass??????

Here's a 2022 thread idea:

"Air Force Ones aka Uptowns started in Albuquerque, are there any shoe styles started in Ny?"

That's how ridiculous this thread is.