And the DJ's playing them hits
Oh, this my jam, this my shyt
We don't know a word to a verse,
All we know is the chorus
'Cause the chorus repeats the same four words for us
And the songs ginormous, the whole formula's switched
'Cause we don't know anymore, what are hits
Is it the beat, is it the rap?
Is it a finger snap or the same 808 clap?
And how do we adapt and get 106 votes
When 13 year olds control the remote
We gotta put some new emphasis on our syllables

:takedat:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't read your post, but your thread title is right. Producers don't get enough credit nowadays. They are better off making comp albums and just featuring rappers.

Just package a producer as the artist and get these one hit wonder rappers to rap in their shyt.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Didn't read your post, but your thread title is right. Producers don't get enough credit nowadays. They are better off making comp albums and just featuring rappers.

Just package a producer as the artist and get these one hit wonder rappers to rap in their shyt.
A lot of times producers have ideas, but artists turn these ideas to reality. Which obviously is a harder job besides that they're often lack the grind a rappers has. Also today we have a problem where everyone think they are producers and cats are not really paying big bucks. So really the producers are taking bigger L's than rappers in these digital times. So its more like different producers try to sell their ideas to the same rappers and hope it'll get picked up.

Habit

Banned
Daps
Too much rappers are more about style over substance.

Davieboy86

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another leaked detox track, one of the bet they leaked so far.

Jay, em, dre, stat quo and 50, track was pretty good.

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah.....cept the beats arent hot. Its nothin hot about these wack ass overblown keyboard orchestras we keep hearin.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Kanye West has a number of songs that are about what hes saying about himself or a situation but hes not considered 'lyrical'. Jesus Walks was a #1 single I beleive. Eminem has seemed to do alright with the lyrics because well all know his production is :flabbynsick: Nas has seemed to do well over the past 10 years with his focus on lyrics. Jay-z is never one to let his lyrics and what he is saying get out shined by a beat, hes done well the pas 10 years.

'Its not about lyrics anymore, its about a hot beat and catchy hook' = I think I make the greatest music but im not popular so it has to be cuz im just too good, too lyrical for the sheeps.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

lol u kno that was a verse right

Last edited by a moderator: