Its easier for me to play Snes games in 2024 than PS1/early ps2 games

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
those early 3d games aged like a CAC :scust: , graphics are ugly as fukk, controls are retarded, even thou Snes is the older console I find it much much easier to go back to those games than PS1/ N64 ones, N64 is easier because all of them had an analog stick since the beginning but its still rough.

Discuss.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
2d was refined and at its technological apex with the SNES.

PS1 developers were still trying to figure things out. Controlling a 3D space, the graphical limitations resulting in fog everywhere.

I have the PS Classic and it was really tough trying to play some of those games.

The first Medal of Honor was on there and I think that was before anyone figured out dual stick FPS, it was amazing at the time but it probably aged like Atari games.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
2d was refined and at its technological apex with the SNES.

PS1 developers were still trying to figure things out. Controlling a 3D space, the graphical limitations resulting in fog everywhere.

I have the PS Classic and it was really tough trying to play some of those games.

The first Medal of Honor was on there and I think that was before anyone figured out dual stick FPS, it was amazing at the time but it probably aged like Atari games.

It’s this exactly.

Imagine riding the best tricycle vs the worst bicycle.

Same concept :manny:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Some of the PlayStation games were next level

Wipeout, NFL GameDay, NBA shootout, a bunch of random games we all played one level on cause we ripped the CDs out the playstation magazine that was selling for 7.99 at the store

:blessed:

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All gaming fell off after SNES. :scust:

Never got another console after that except for GBA. Played a few PC games.

Life is better this way brehs, I didn't miss out on a thing :wow:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I almost never revisit 2d games. I can play ps1/2 games fine if I’m really interested or have strong affinity for them (MGS, mega man legends, ZoE to name a few)

Actually taking a break from FF7 rebirth to play x men legends (ps2) and it’s not bad at all.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
those early 3d games aged like a ___ :scust: , graphics are ugly as ____, controls are ______ed, even thou Snes is the older console I find it much much easier to go back to those games than PS1/ N64 ones, N64 is easier because all of them had an analog stick since the beginning but its still rough.

Discuss.

GOAT system. It’s crazy how so many of those games are still fun today.

Super Mario World >
A Link to the Past >
Final Fantasy VI >
Chrono Trigger >
Mega Man X 1-3>
Donkey Kong Country 1-3 >
Earthbound >
Castlevania 4 >
Contra 3 >
Super Metroid >
Turtles in Time >
Yoshi’s Island >
Mario All-Stars >
Secret of Mana >
NBA Jam >
Super Mario Kart (Battle Mode) >
Tetris Attack >
Street Fighter 2 with 6 buttons >
Super Mario RPG >
Legend of the Mystical Ninja >
Zombies ate my Neighbors >
Killer Instinct >
Super Bomberman >
UN Squadron >
ActRaiser >

And that’s not even touching a lot of the underground piff that was either obscure or never got localized. Lufia 2, Terranigma, Dragon Quest 5, Front Mission Gun Hazard, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Trials of Mana (aka Seiken Densetsu 3). :wow:
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Duel :banderas:

A lot of early 3D games are nostalgic but aged like milk. 2D gaming was at its apex in the mid 90s.

Last edited:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
GOAT system. It’s crazy how so many of those games are still fun today.

Super Mario World >
A Link to the Past >
Final Fantasy VI >
Chrono Trigger >
Mega Man X 1-3>
Donkey Kong Country 1-3 >
Earthbound >
Castlevania 4 >
Contra 3 >
Super Metroid >
Turtles in Time >
Yoshi’s Island >
Mario All-Stars >
Secret of Mana >
NBA Jam >
Super Mario Kart (Battle Mode) >
Tetris Attack >
Street Fighter 2 with 6 buttons >
Super Mario RPG >
Legend of the Mystical Ninja >
Zombies ate my Neighbors >
Killer Instinct >
Super Bomberman >
UN Squadron >

And that’s not even touching a lot of the underground piff that was either obscure or never got localized. Lufia 2, Dragon Quest 5, Front Mission Gun Hazard, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, Trials of Mana (aka Seiken Densetsu 3). :wow:

A lot of early 3D games are nostalgic but aged like milk. 2D gaming was at its apex in the mid 90s.
Yep, with the snes/genesis they perfected 2d games, the visuals, the controls, the fluidity of the movement.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep, with the snes/genesis they perfected 2d games, the visuals, the controls, the fluidity of the movement.
Genesis was a cool system.

Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles >
Gunstar Heroes >
Phantasy Star 4 >
Streets of Rage. 2 >
Shining Force 2 >
Toejam and Earl >
Roster >
Earthworm Jim >
Aladdin >
X-men 2: Clone Wars
Vectorman >
Ecco the Dolphin >
NBA Jam and NHL 94 >
Mortal Kombat 1 with actual blood >

A lot of developers were still figuring out 3D during the PS1 and 64 era so some of those games play like garbage today. Mario, Zelda, Metal Gear, Banjo Kazooie, and a few others get their props, but a lot of other games from that era have sluggish controls, trash framerates, awkward camera angles, control issues, ugly graphics, etc.
We let all of that slide just because of the :gladbron: novelty factor from seeing games in 3D for the first time.

Super Mario 3 Snes version is :banderas:

This is still my favorite version of the game. Being able to save >>>>

Last edited:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 3D graphics of the PS1/N64 era aged horribly man lol. The game design is kind of ass too.

The only PS1 games I can stand to play are the FF games and even then I play the Remastered versions for the PS4. I tried to play them on my PS Classic and the graphics make my eyes hurt.:huhldup:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
It took about 10 years for 3D games to meet the imagination that's why.

If you were looking to make a 2D game in the 16 bit era, you were not as limited by the technology.