It’s difficult to find love says visually impaired woman

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
isabelle-uwi-conference-disabled_-1.jpg

"A visually impaired woman who was selected to sing at the UWI Mona Regional Disability Studies Conference, said that those living with disabilities have a harder time finding love.

Isabelle Blagrove who was born visually impaired sat down to talk with Loop News sharing with us some of the difficulties she experiences as a result of her disability.

“It is hard to get a job and it is even harder to get a husband or a boyfriend,” said Blagrove.

Blagrove explained that though she has dated in the past, she finds it extremely difficult to trust men.

She also added that the men that she comes into contact with "don’t behave as gentlemen" and as such they are a "turn-off".

Blagrove, who is a trained massage therapist, said her profession only adds to her problems when it comes to love, as many confuse massage therapy with a type of prostitution.

According to Blagrove, unwelcome advances from clients are common, as well as trying to educate and build a client base in her community is very incredibly difficult.

A part of Blagrove’s problem is that she doesn’t reside on the North Coast where her skill set is in demand.

Though creating boundaries is a difficult task, Blagrove has managed to create a small but loyal customer base in her community.

However, all these challenges have not killed Blagrove’s dream that she will one day find a life partner and get married.

Blagrove who is Christian and a member of the May Pen New Testament church, where she sings, remains optimistic that God will send someone her way.

“One day that special someone will find me,” joked Blagrove, as she poked fun at the fact that she is unable to see.

Blagrove wowed the audience at the Regional Disability Studies Conference when she sang Whitney Huston’s {sic} “I look to you
It’s difficult to find love says visually impaired woman

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
She looks like she's in her 40s at the least and she still ain't find a man? :francis:

It ain't too late, don't think she'll be able to have children though.

Daps
She looks like she's in her 40s at the least and she still ain't find a man? :francis:

It ain't too late, don't think she'll be able to have children though.
well she has a disability which has caused people to not treat her respectfully and it also seems that men in her age group take issue with her profession since they think she is giving happy endings at her job. she's in jamaica and i don't know how things work there but i do know it can be hard to meet quality people. i hope she meets people

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
well she has a disability which has caused people to not treat her respectfully and it also seems that men in her age group take issue with her profession since they think she is giving happy endings at her job. she's in jamaica and i don't know how things work there but i do know it can be hard to meet quality people. i hope she meets people
She looks like she is in her 40s right now. How did she look when she was younger? If she was cute, I'm sure there were men that were willing to overlook her blindness and seek to build with her. There are plenty of blind, deaf people in relationships.

Daps
She looks like she is in her 40s right now. How did she look when she was younger? If she was cute, I'm sure there were men that were willing to overlook her blindness and seek to build with her. There are plenty of blind, deaf people in relationships.
it sounds like she was dating when she was younger and has some really shytty experiences which made it hard for her or is still making it hard for her. i do wonder what her social life is like and if she has the resources to get out outside of work and family functions.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
it sounds like she was dating when she was younger and has some really shytty experiences which made it hard for her or is still making it hard for her. i do wonder what her social life is like and if she has the resources to get out outside of work and family functions.
Yeah, we don't know. I think it all comes down to her sense of value then. Was she strong and confident despite being blind? Or did she feel sorry for herself and would accept any man who would have her?

Daps
Yeah, we don't know. I think it all comes down to her sense of value then. Was she strong and confident despite being blind? Or did she feel sorry for herself and would accept any man who would have her?
it sounds like guys dogged her out and didn't treat her with respect. some people do try it with others they think should be grateful to have a date (disabled, those not considered physically attractive, etc). i'm assuming if she was taking anybody she wouldn't be complaining that she is single. it also seems like there is a lot of ignorance about her job so people could have been spreading rumors that she was a prostitute. it sounds like she lives in a small community.

i assumed this from these quotes:

Blagrove explained that though she has dated in the past, she finds it extremely difficult to trust men.

She also added that the men that she comes into contact with "don’t behave as gentlemen" and as such they are a "turn-off".

Blagrove, who is a trained massage therapist, said her profession only adds to her problems when it comes to love, as many confuse massage therapy with a type of prostitution.

A part of Blagrove’s problem is that she doesn’t reside on the North Coast where her skill set is in demand.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
it sounds like guys dogged her out and didn't treat her with respect. some people do try it with others they think should be grateful to have a date (disabled, those not considered physically attractive, etc). i'm assuming if she was taking anybody she wouldn't be complaining that she is single. it also seems like there is a lot of ignorance about her job so people could have been spreading rumors that she was a prostitute. it sounds like she lives in a small community.

i assumed this from these quotes:
I'm talking about in the past not today. We don't know how she was then but today it seems like she isn't going to tolerate someone who is less than a gentleman.

Daps
I'm talking about in the past not today. We don't know how she was then but today it seems like she isn't going to tolerate someone who is less than a gentleman.
i'm not sure i am following your train of thought because what i fonted could and appears to apply to her past. not everyone has a hard luck story about how they decided not to put up with BS. it could be none of her relationships went past step 2 because people kept trying it with her.

either way i hope she finds what she is looking for. she seems like a nice woman