It's Crazy How People Go Missing and Never Seen Again

DA_LURKA

#SovereignOfSolitude
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Strictly For My Lurkas...
Byron-Page%20-72586_7.jpg

Byron Page was last seen at a bus stop at Overhill and Slauson Streets in Los Angeles, California on January 29, 1992. He was planning to visit a music warehouse and video store twenty miles away in West Hollywood, California; he was a regular patron of the store. Byron never arrived home and has not been seen since. Employees at the store did not recall him entering the business that day.

Byron wasn't having any problems prior to his disappearance; in fact, he was very happy with his life and looking forward to getting his driver's license. He was an excellent student with a perfect attendance record, and he had been accepted at several colleges within the University of California system. Foul play is suspected in his disappearance, which remains unsolved.

:why: :why: :why: I couldn't imagine dealing with this....sooooo many missing people, where are they?
Organ trafficking...

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
This case always tripped me out

ALMIGHTY GOD

Omnipotent. Omniscient. Omnipresent.
Daps
Reppin
all of creation
Square biz. So many cold cases out there because folks can easily find a safe house anywhere. Just like that dude that caught a body in 94 that ended up getting arrested just for a traffic issue. Dude looked like a level headed Chad ass breh, but you would never know because of his cadence and style.

This maybe a small world, but there's no limitation of escape.
thread on this?

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Same thing happened to my cousin. He was sweeping the yard and when my aunt looked outside a little later he was gone and the broom was just there. This happened in 94’.
I’m so so sorry man. That’s a haunting visual. May your aunt and your family get some solace one day.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's insane to think how careless I (along with my other friends) was as a kid and how much of an unknown gamble our parents made in the 90's as well by letting us do things like walking home alone after getting off the bus, going to the mall and walking around stores alone, and playing outside with friends even after the streetlights had come on and eventually walking home alone. There are numerous scenarios where I, or another family member or friend could have got snatched up with the quickness and I/we could have been another face on another missing poster being put up around the country. We were playing on a dangerous edge and not even knowing it.

When I was rewatching that gut punch "Runaway Train" video that I posted a few pages back, the final scene where the baby gets kidnapped hit close to home, because earlier today, I went to visit my two newly born nieces at my sister's house and held both of them for the first time. It's always been a unpredictable time, but it seems around the 70's and 80's is when it started to get more dangerous and demonic and it's only going to get worse as time goes on too.
as much as we look back that helped shaped us. Read coddling of the american mind, talks about how even though life was more dangerous our parents letting us do stuff grew us and now over protection causing anxiety and depression in youth. Interesting read

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A girl I know through a friend has been missing for over a week now. Her dad is a good guy and is way fukked up over it. :mjcry:

:wow: I know that Vons and the area so we'll..damn, I can't even imagine what the father is feeling

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:wow: I know that Vons and the area so we'll..damn, I can't even imagine what the father is feeling

I don't know him like that but I've spoken to him 3-4 times and he's just a low-key, funny, down-to-earth, Christian, nice guy. The kind of guy who gets along with everyone and always keeps shyt light-hearted. Feels absolutely horrible to have this happen.

They're saying now that they think mental illness could be involved, apparently she got Covid last year and hasn't been well mentally ever since. At the least that means maybe there's hope that she's good freaking out a little bit and hiding out somewhere. But it's been too long so it really feels like there's a good chance something terrible happened.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

I know Scruff McGruff gets parodied a lot nowadays, however this commercial from the early 80s gets straight to the point especially when all of the kids disappear. Even Scruff wasn't joking around, "You may be looking at Jenni for the last time."

Those commercials back then hit different.