It's Crazy How Crysis (2007) Could Pass For A Current-Gen Game

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
look at these old ass screenshots breh and tell me this ain't a current-gen PS4 pro & Xbox One X title

this shyt came out 11 years ago breh! :mindblown:

Crysis-1-Ultra.jpg

crysis-2.jpg

2pblu.jpg

its wild that we haven't seen any PC developer really push tech like this since Crytek. imagine the shyt they could do nowadays if they had the budget & time to really push modern PC's to the limit :wtf:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So many people pirated the first game they were forced to 'consolize' the sequels in hopes of getting more sales. Gameplay was compromised. Graphics were compromised. EA treated those brehs (who made the game) like shyt. They were really talented people working at Crytek.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I wonder if my PC can run it now
Newer PCs still struggle with crisis because hardware technology ended up going in a different direction than what crytek expected when they optimized the game.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
GOAT FPS. Beat that shyt like at least 10 times. Love the overworld gameplay.
That’s definitely what the new ones missed. Idk why they couldn’t understand that console-izing the game b*stardized it in the process.

So many people pirated the first game they were forced to 'consolize' the sequels in hopes of getting more sales. Gameplay was compromised. Graphics were compromised. EA treated those brehs (who made the game) like shyt. They were really talented people working at Crytek.
I dunno if I believe the pirating bit. The Witcher and others seemed to have success being initially PC only, and came over from that platform with the core intact. What is more likely is your second point, EA bytch asses

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Crysis 3 is still probably the best looking PC game out. They even modeled individual blades of grass :wow:

The CryEngine still looks good. The Rift has a lot of Crytek VR exclusives that look amazing.

shyt, Ryse looks goddamn amazing on PC (but, yeah, the game sucks).

I’m trying to think of a better looking engine than Crytek’s CryEngine, and I can’t think of one :jbhmm: