It's absolutely Insane how Darkseid predates Darth Vader and Thanos but he is seen as great value version of them.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
DCEU is really fukking up. Darkseid and Orion came before Vader and Luke. Thanos is just a character Jack kirby created because he couldn't legally bring his New Gods/ Fourth World saga with him to marvel. It's just sad.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DCEU is really fukking up. Darkseid and Orion came before Vader and Luke. Thanos is just a character Jack kirby created because he couldn't legally bring his New Gods/ Fourth World saga with him to marvel. It's just sad.
They are not on the same level.

Plus a math nerd is not scary :mjgrin:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Well, Thanos and Darth Vader have both been in (good) movies. Plus Darkseid is a bit of a shallow character, he's just evil to be evil.

That said, Thanos I get, but I don't really understand the comparison with Vader. They're not much alike besides both being villains.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Darkseid is an amazing comic book character but maybe outside Superman TAS. They never really fleshed out how powerful he really is.

I don't really think it's about how powerful he is, it's that he lacks any depth (at least in any comics or shows I've seen).

Vader has the whole fallen Jedi thing going on, not to mention his relationships with Luke and Obi-Wan. Thanos thinks he's saving the universe (MCU) or is in love with the personification of death (comics) and at least cares about certain characters like Gamora.

Darkseid? Has no real depth to his character. He's just evil because he's a god of evil and that's what he does. I'm not saying that makes him a bad villain but it does make him shallow compared to most others.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I don't really think it's about how powerful he is, it's that he lacks any depth (at least in any comics or shows I've seen).

Vader has the whole fallen Jedi thing going on, not to mention his relationships with Luke and Obi-Wan. Thanos thinks he's saving the universe (MCU) or is in love with the personification of death (comics) and at least cares about certain characters like Gamora.

Darkseid? Has no real depth to his character. He's just evil because he's a god of evil and that's what he does. I'm not saying that makes him a bad villain but it does make him shallow compared to most others.

That's fair.