It's 2024 your save progress shouldn't be locked to a platform anymore

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Especially with all the cloud saves different platforms allow if I started say Final Fantasy VII Remake on my PS4 I should be able to take my progress to the PC version natively in the menus.

Companies make it a point to stagger these releases the least they can do is take care of the double and or triple dippers by allowing save transfers.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Especially with all the cloud saves different platforms allow if I started say Final Fantasy VII Remake on my PS4 I should be able to take my progress to the PC version natively in the menus.

Companies make it a point to stagger these releases the least they can do is take care of the double and or triple dippers by allowing save transfers.
That's nothing, Atlus doesn't even allow save transfer for Persona 5 Royal PS4 to PS5 version!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why buying digital games from microsoft is your best bet right now.

You get the most rights as far as access and saves.

Most games can be played on multiple platforms with one purchase and the cloud saves are free, and work seamlessly across all devices.

It’s also why all the talk of “unified experiences” and “xbox on every screen” is also very exciting and consumer beneficial to everybody but online console warriors.

More open access to games and saves are what we all should be looking forward to and expecting, but dudes will console warrior themselves out of things that would be to their benefit just so they can win an online argument :smh:

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Got Elden Ring on Steam but will probably never play it due to finding out there wasn't a way to continue with my PS5 save.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
maybe it would be better if there were a system agnostic system, where you store your saves on your own Google Drive, or whatever. but they would have to ensure saves are compatible across all these platforms

edit: problem with this, and this topic, is these platforms would see this as opening the door for various nefarious files to get on their platform

Last edited:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap

Most games can be played on multiple platforms with one purchase and the cloud saves are free, and work seamlessly across all devices.

It’s also why all the talk of “unified experiences” and “xbox on every screen” is also very exciting and consumer beneficial to everybody but online console warriors.

More open access to games and saves are what we all should be looking forward to and expecting, but dudes will console warrior themselves out of things that would be to their benefit just so they can win an online argument :smh:
"Jump back in" :wow:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

You've been console warring for 20 years to this day. shyt didn't just change over the night of Phil making this faux kumbaya podcast appearance. So in essence, per your own words, it doesn't benefit you either.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Most Xbots don’t even get more than an hour into video games. The hell you worried about a save file for?