IT Prequel Series In The Works: Welcome to Derry

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
:francis:

I remember the uproar when Mark Hamill didn't play the Joker (another iconic clown) in Arkham Origins. And then Troy Baker came out and did an outstanding job, sounding like 97% of a younger Mark Hamil's Joker. Hopefully the next dude, if Skarsgård ain't posturing, is like that.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:francis:

I remember the uproar when Mark Hamill didn't play the Joker (another iconic clown) in Arkham Origins. And then Troy Baker came out and did an outstanding job, sounding like 97% of a younger Mark Hamil's Joker. Hopefully the next dude, if Skarsgård ain't posturing, is like that.

Man, Chapter 2 had set my expectations so fukking low for whatever they do with this franchise now lol...but by all means, I'll let whoever takes the Pennywise reigns next cook. :ehh:

While disappointed at the news, I'm not shocked. Bill's just now coming off of John Wick 4 and is probably too occupied with Egger's Nosferatu as well as whatever's going on with The Crow remake to make room for this TV project.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
I remember Will Poulter was being considered for Pennywise before Bill came into the picture. Maybe they pivot back to him.

4PzN8NpGss9l.jpg

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

The “It” prequel series at HBO Max has added its first four cast members, Variety has learned.

Taylour Paige (“Zola,” “Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom”), Jovan Adepo (“Babylon,” “Watchmen”), Chris Chalk(“Perry Mason,” “All Dirt Roads Taste of Salt”), and James Remar (“Oppenheimer,” “Megalopolis”) will all star in the series, which is currently titled “Welcome to Derry.”

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
prequel would put this in civil rights 1960s right :jbhmm:
Pennywise only shows up every 27 years
it Will be interesting to see Pennywise's reaction when he sees how the neighborhood has changed since the last time:mjpls:
I wouldn't be surprised if he riled up them good ole boys and girls to attack black people in Derry :mjpls:

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
"It" might be a great novel, but the actual plot is azz.

You just have to call the cosmic horror creature names and that defeats it?

Plus I hate all this nebulous horror shyt. Shapeshifting and coming out of mirrors and shyt. For what? What are his actual powers? What is his purpose? He eats the one kid straight up, but the Losers get to play tag with him?

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
"It" might be a great novel, but the actual plot is azz.

You just have to call the cosmic horror creature names and that defeats it?

Plus I hate all this nebulous horror shyt. Shapeshifting and coming out of mirrors and shyt. For what? What are his actual powers? What is his purpose? He eats the one kid straight up, but the Losers get to play tag with him?

King has a history of letdowns with the endings to his books. I think the movie ending was dumbed down too much, but they would have needed a star wars budget for the Ritual of Chud. I also think the fact that IT doesn't just straight up kill them is a show of ego/curiosity. IT basically was playing with its food. These kids didn't act like the other idiot kids.