It has to be done. Breath of the Wild vs Super Mario Odyssey *Possible spoilers*

?

• Total voters

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
I just beat Odyssey earlier tonight and thought this was the obvious thread to make.

I loved both games. Odyssey was great and the throwbacks to the classic Mario games were just :wow:. Officially on Mushroom Kingdom and having a blast here too.

But, for me, BOTW was on another level. I never understood why people say there's all this empty space. To me, it felt like around every corner there was something. Boss fight, shrine, collectables, weapons, enemy encounters, something to climb, etc. Shrines especially were so rewarding to find. So many cool areas in general. Dungeons were lacking but in general the game was so fresh and new to me that I was still blown away. Whereas Odyssey is amazing, to me it's an amazing sequel to 64. It wasn't as innovative I guess.

Anyway they're easily the best two games of the year in my opinion. Who y'all riding for

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Eh they're two very different games so it's kind of hard to really contrast and compare. If I had to say what was more "fun" to me from start to finish and still is Mario. Zelda has recently clicked with me and I'm over 55hrs in and I like it and shyt but there's already a few things I could ask to be changed. I'd say Mario but Zelda is def up there imo.

The main "problem" with both of these games and it's really not a problem but I feel like most of the content/cool shyt can be missed. Someone might finish Odyssey and not bother finding moons and miss all the cool levels/kingdoms that come after and BOTW is easy to just go straight from A to B and beat it and not see anything cool.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Mario is a little more fun overall, but Zelda had me glued to the screen for several weeks. Tbh, most of the levels in Odyssey just haven't "clicked" with me 100% either.

My daughter was playing botw the other day and seeing it again brought back lots of fond memories from when i used to play it.

Mario probably deserves goty though, because there really was an amazing amount of imagination and thought put into its level designs as well as staying truer to its roots.

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
If you just on mushroom kingdom, you aint beat shyt :umad:

im still just on mushroom kingdom :sadcam:

I love them both, but Mario might be some of the most fun ive had in a loooooong time while gaming....it might get tedious getting moons at some point, but I love it...makes me remember why I game...

Zelda was def great, but not nearly as much fun, which is what video games are supposed to be