IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Lol yeah that's terrible wording on my part. I mean specifically what are the programs?

Like what online programs? Lol dog you should google this stuff yourself. You will never make it far in the tech world waiting for specific answers on everything. Just google accredited online programs and see what whats for you financially.

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
Start by reading this thread from page one..im not trolling im serious. You'll find the answer to your questions
iv'e read this thread for several pages. a+ seems to be talked about as step #1 then people say its worthless. im getting mixed signals from everywhere. idk where to start breh.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was studying for the SSCP but I'm going to stop that and focus on setting up a lab and learn how to compromise systems and the CEH.

Finally took a CEH training course. It wasn't as difficult or boring as I expected. This guy Joe McCray is the truth when it comes to teaching pentesting. Watch his youtube channel and search for any conferences he speaks at dude is the truth.

Joseph McCray

Hacktivity 2012

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Like what online programs? Lol dog you should google this stuff yourself. You will never make it far in the tech world waiting for specific answers on everything. Just google accredited online programs and see what whats for you financially.
Yeah that lol. A little guidance never hurts, appreciate it breh :salute:

Daps
iv'e read this thread for several pages. a+ seems to be talked about as step #1 then people say its worthless. im getting mixed signals from everywhere. idk where to start breh.

Stop cutting corners and read the thread. Seriously, all the answers to your questions are in here. There arent short cuts in anything including IT. There isnt one cert that will get you a job. You need to put in that work. Even if its entry level. You need to get that degree to get access to more jobs. You need to be able to solve problems and find solutions to them even without being exposed to it before. Your asking mad questions that could be answered real quick with google search of this thread. Cmon breh. :ufdup:

Daps
Which ones are the go tos for someone moving up with only certs and no degree? I know all ain't possible since I read itt the data whatever requires a master.
I see some stuff on their like c# and Ajax. learning this stuff would help me move up too? (I know a little c#)

There isnt a go to. You should go the route that most interests you. There are so many options. Look at what sounds interesting then work your way back. Look at the job postings and see what you need to learn. look on linkedin for people in those roles and see their job progression.

Any of them could be had without a degree but it will be hard it really depends on the company and the job market as to whether or not one will be required. THats why its best to try and bang it out at some point.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
There isnt a go to. You should go the route that most interests you. There are so many options. Look at what sounds interesting then work your way back. Look at the job postings and see what you need to learn. look on linkedin for people in those roles and see their job progression.

Any of them could be had without a degree but it will be hard it really depends on the company and the job market as to whether or not one will be required. THats why its best to try and bang it out at some point.
Im really interested in C# to be real cause of Xamarin and I'd like to make my own apps or games with unity one day too. I'm enjoying the little I've learned so far. I'm a young breh who works in retail and I tried to make a LinkedIn profile but it wanted to know where I work or when I graduate. I'm a part time student so idk when I'll graduate but at this rate it's pretty slow. So I figured each one looks bad so I didn't sign up. I was thinking if shyt gets super awful then maybe do the last resort of taking out big student loans for a university. I really don't want to go to university. I'd go to the airforce and do some programming for the experience but I can't cause I help take care of grandma. shyt I really don't want university debt cause I want to do other things too in life