IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Any particular reason you dont want to get a degree?
I help take care of my grandma
These teachers teach math too fast
I hate research essays

If it wasn't for my grandma i'd be in the air force doing some programming/IT shyt

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I help take care of my grandma
These teachers teach math too fast
I hate research essays

If it wasn't for my grandma i'd be in the air force doing some programming/IT shyt
Tons of accredited online programs you can do at your own pace.

Honest truth is this isnt 1995 or 2005, you arent going to get to far without a degree (might not get anywhere but help desk at this point). All the no degree cats you see making bank started back when the industry was much different so honestly much of these cats are delusional with the advice they give to cats trying to get entry level jobs.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Tons of accredited online programs you can do at your own pace.

Honest truth is this isnt 1995 or 2005, you arent going to get to far without a degree (might not get anywhere but help desk at this point). All the no degree cats you see making bank started back when the industry was much different so honestly much of these cats are delusional with the advice they give to cats trying to get entry level jobs.
What are the programs like? They require math and English?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:russ:nah breh. I just hate essays. hate the American education system overall.
If you trying to get into Software development then yes you will probably take some advance math classes. If you want to do straight infrastructure related stuff then you will just take some entry college math and english courses max.

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
If you trying to get into Software development then yes you will probably take some advance math classes. If you want to do straight infrastructure related stuff then you will just take some entry college math and english courses max.
breh what is the first cert i should get to get an entry level it job? and what book should i get to study it?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
breh what is the first cert i should get to get an entry level it job? and what book should i get to study it?

You dont need a cert. if tou are in school you should be volunteering or trying to work at your schools help desk. If you arent in school you can work a tech support gig with an ISP or wireless company or best buy geek squad all without any certs.

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
You dont need a cert. if tou are in school you should be volunteering or trying to work at your schools help desk. If you arent in school you can work a tech support gig with an ISP or wireless company or best buy geek squad all without any certs.
how can i work for geek squad with no experience or certs

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
Have you ever had a job before?

Best buy should be hiring for seasonal employees right now. Get your foot in then try to transfer to geek squad.
no positions available. im not going to be a cashier or sales at best buy to "potentially" rank up into geek squad. im 22 don't have time to waste on banking on getting transferred. i want to know what i can do to get an entry level IT job and the steps to improve after that.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I see. The programs are what?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
no positions available. im not going to be a cashier or sales at best buy to "potentially" rank up into geek squad. im 22 don't have time to waste on banking on getting transferred. i want to know what i can do to get an entry level IT job and the steps to improve after that.

Apply to jobs. Idk why cats think there are magical steps.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
network engineer seems to be one but, i cant say from expirience. Someone posted before ccna> ccnp > ccie> eat

But getting experience in between.

Lol, studying and passing the CCNP (legitimately) was more challenging than any course I took as an undergrad. The IE exam is ten times worse. Not a cake walk.