IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Got some leads at RedHat, IBM, GE Digital, and Indeed thus far. My boss at my previous job before Dell/EMC said I'm rehirable and is referring me to a recruiter at Google's Storage Cloud.

I always feel defeated in these situations though because I'm at the whim of the employer.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I need a salary estimate on this position, or how much yall would ask for

Desktop / Server Analyst - IT

Job description

A critical first line support role assisting staff (in regional offices, home based or on the road) with technical support. This role will support desktop, server, network, printing, and telephony environments in their relevant region with minimal supervision.

Responsibilities:

IT Support

• Be the first point of contact for all users in the region for any IT related issues or questions.
  • Working as part of the global IT department, adhering to corporate standards across all technology.
  • Direct knowledge of account administration by creating user accounts and email accounts using Active Directory and other systems.
  • Support, troubleshoot, and resolve end user problems relating to Remote support, VPN and computer hardware/software issues.
  • Install and configure new end-user workstations and laptops, and install hardware/software upgrades.
  • Understanding of mobile phone technologies, carriers and deployment methods.
  • Understanding of virus and malicious software removal techniques.
  • Participate and manage projects for rollout of new hardware/software, office expansions, new offices, etc.
  • Proactive monitoring of all IT systems, make recommendations to management for technical and process improvements.
  • Experience with remote access technologies.
  • Accepting, reviewing and completing issues via a ticketing system.
  • Assist in project work to roll out new technologies.
  • Any other duties as and when required.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
* 4+ years’ experience in a desktop support role

* Enterprise infrastructure environment

* AirWatch MDM – iOS & Android

* Support of Windows 10 & 7 in an enterprise environment

* Windows Deployment (LANDesk or SCCM)

* Microsoft accreditation (MCP, MCSE or similar)

* Desktop and laptop hardware configuration

* Microsoft desktop operating systems

* Microsoft Office

* Spends time physically, sitting, walking, lifting and performing routing installation and maintenance of equipment along with inspections.
* Able to lift a maximum of 60 lbs. on an occasional basis.

* Able to move and run cables

@bdizzle

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Thinking about taking the MCSA: Windows 10. Any thoughts?

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
so, im still researching here, but brand new into i.t. want to make a good salary, no experience so far. All i need to do is get certs? and apply for jobs? I want to be a data scientist one day.

Daps
I need a salary estimate on this position, or how much yall would ask for

Desktop / Server Analyst - IT

Job description

A critical first line support role assisting staff (in regional offices, home based or on the road) with technical support. This role will support desktop, server, network, printing, and telephony environments in their relevant region with minimal supervision.

Responsibilities:

IT Support

• Be the first point of contact for all users in the region for any IT related issues or questions.
  • Working as part of the global IT department, adhering to corporate standards across all technology.
  • Direct knowledge of account administration by creating user accounts and email accounts using Active Directory and other systems.
  • Support, troubleshoot, and resolve end user problems relating to Remote support, VPN and computer hardware/software issues.
  • Install and configure new end-user workstations and laptops, and install hardware/software upgrades.
  • Understanding of mobile phone technologies, carriers and deployment methods.
  • Understanding of virus and malicious software removal techniques.
  • Participate and manage projects for rollout of new hardware/software, office expansions, new offices, etc.
  • Proactive monitoring of all IT systems, make recommendations to management for technical and process improvements.
  • Experience with remote access technologies.
  • Accepting, reviewing and completing issues via a ticketing system.
  • Assist in project work to roll out new technologies.
  • Any other duties as and when required.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
* 4+ years’ experience in a desktop support role

* Enterprise infrastructure environment

* AirWatch MDM – iOS & Android

* Support of Windows 10 & 7 in an enterprise environment

* Windows Deployment (LANDesk or SCCM)

* Microsoft accreditation (MCP, MCSE or similar)

* Desktop and laptop hardware configuration

* Microsoft desktop operating systems

* Microsoft Office

* Spends time physically, sitting, walking, lifting and performing routing installation and maintenance of equipment along with inspections.
* Able to lift a maximum of 60 lbs. on an occasional basis.

* Able to move and run cables

@bdizzle

Depends on all sorts of things like: Your location, job market, your skills and experience, whether or not you currently have a job or are in a good position to negotiate, etc.

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
what is a "good salary"?
I know I might be a little ways away, but 6 figures. I have a associates but in the medical field. I already tried some practiced tests, and i'm familiar with most of the material, been messing around with computers since i was a kid.

like which certs to get me started.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I know I might be a little ways away, but 6 figures. I have a associates but in the medical field. I already tried some practiced tests, and i'm familiar with most of the material, been messing around with computers since i was a kid.

like which certs to get me started.

:mjlol:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Are you gonna be a clown or drop knowledge... and you dont need a college degree at all.

you think someone's going to hire a data scientist without a Masters degree?