IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
how do you guys answer the disability question when you apply online? I have a few disabilities that hinder my job performance but I don't like stating it cuz I feel it takes me out the running.
"I prefer not to answer:birdman:"

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
CCNP Switch 300-115 passed today
A4P8r.gif

853/1000

I was sick of studying so I said fukk it last week Friday and booked it :dead:

1 more to go, and then I will be officially CCNP certified :damn:

Everyone says the troubleshoot test is very easy....I may book that one to take in 2 weeks

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
im thinking bout getting in nursing school which will take me 2-3 years to be a RN which gets around 60k alot more then what i make:ehh:.that same amount of time of doing IT certs and moving from job to job would i make more money in 3 years:jbhmm:
i have a asssociates degree btw:francis:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
what advice you got for the troubleshoot exam? :feedme:

Just know the topology back to front, the exam is pretty cool because your just revisiting stuff you've done.
Also just have a defined strategy for troubleshooting so you are not bouncing back and forth which I fell into a bit, it didn't really eat into my time but it was making me nervous that I was spending too long trying to find the issue, then i would forget what I had already tried etc

FastEddie215

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Not sure what to do next :jbhmm:
Getting ready to move on from where I am
2 years under my belt, MCSE ...CCNP... :jbhmm:
I need to get it poppin with security :jbhmm: Been readng the SSCP content and CISSP seems to be just a little more sprinkled on top :pachaha:
I have my MCSA server 2012, thinking about going for the MCSE. What study material did you use to study for it?

Spin

All Star
Daps
For those looking to get into Security, Cisco is offering "scholarships" for the CCNA Security soon. Here is the site Cisco. I'm still working on my CCNA :francis:, but will probably do it since it's a "free" cert with that deal and I want to get into security.

CompTIA is also offering a beta exam for their cybersecurity analyst+ cert. Right now you can get it for $50 bucks. No clue how "hard" it could be. Looks like from the description you might be able to pass it after doing some training at Cybrary - Free Online Cyber Security Training, Forever | Learn and Find Jobs, but I will let the more experienced heads give their thoughts.

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Just know the topology back to front, the exam is pretty cool because your just revisiting stuff you've done.
Also just have a defined strategy for troubleshooting so you are not bouncing back and forth which I fell into a bit, it didn't really eat into my time but it was making me nervous that I was spending too long trying to find the issue, then i would forget what I had already tried etc
any ipv6? :mjcry:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
im thinking bout getting in nursing school which will take me 2-3 years to be a RN which gets around 60k alot more then what i make:ehh:.that same amount of time of doing IT certs and moving from job to job would i make more money in 3 years:jbhmm:
i have a asssociates degree btw:francis:
you ever think about getting a job in sales?
Its a grind...and everyone isnt down to hard close and work hard.

But good salesmen make 100K+ easy.