IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I wish she would have died 30 years earlier :ehh:

trying-to-remember.gif

loss_for_words.gif

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Did anyone grab the AWS associate cert yet?

Spin

All Star
Daps
Anyone still using testout in here? For the CCNA it's kind of annoying as it will explain one concept but the quizzes will include information that's not taught until the next section. Thinking about just doing the labs and starting the practice tests. Going video by video doesn't seem to be the best use of time.

Just picked up this book for 2.99 on AMAZON KINDLE .

Last edited:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
The Junior Desktop Support Technician will be part of a Data Cloud and VoIP IT company. This position is located in Washington, D.C.

The position is ideal for junior technical candidates looking to advance and learn; they will receive certifications training and tests, on site training working on projects and interaction with lead engineers.

This position is ideal for someone looking to learn to enhance their technical skills, gain experience in a fast paced environment supporting multiple clients and move into a managerial role.

Junior Desktop Administrator Description:
  • Job Responsibilities
    • Essentially, working on the Help Desk to act as escalation point from Tier 1 and 2
    • Provide technical support Windows, Desktop, hardware, software, and peripherals
    • Build and deploy personal computers and servers
  • Learning/Advancing Responsibilities:
    • We are seeking motivated, driven, intellectuals to join our rapidly advancing company
    • Obtain VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA, Windows MCSE/MCSA, Citrix certifications within 18 months
    • Work alongside two different project teams (Networking and Systems Support) to pick up new skills and learn from on-the-job training
    • Must enjoy working in a team and play well with others
  • Benefits+ training + quarterly profit sharing The Junior Desktop Admin will be performing two key functions:1) Working in a 6 person team environment, providing Tier I and Tier II Help Desk support and Systems Administration, and…
    2) Be a sponge and advance as quickly as possible by working alongside Senior Networking & System Engineers to perform Virtualization (IaaS) Solutions.

Classroom and certifications are strongly encouraged and paid for, during the first 18 months of employment you can obtain up to 6 certifications.

This is a full-time, salaried position with health benefits and retirement.

Holy shyt this looks like a fukking amazing job :whoo:

You can be Coli #6certgang and get that shyt paid for in 18 months:wow:

Pay is 55k-65k:wow:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Cisco is switching up their curriculum 2016. Same cert new material. Anyone have info on this

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I'm currently 19 entering my junior year of college after switching my major from ME to Business without a concentration as of yet. How does one start off getting into the IT world/Coli Cert Gang?

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The Junior Desktop Support Technician will be part of a Data Cloud and VoIP IT company. This position is located in Washington, D.C.

The position is ideal for junior technical candidates looking to advance and learn; they will receive certifications training and tests, on site training working on projects and interaction with lead engineers.

This position is ideal for someone looking to learn to enhance their technical skills, gain experience in a fast paced environment supporting multiple clients and move into a managerial role.

Junior Desktop Administrator Description:
  • Job Responsibilities
    • Essentially, working on the Help Desk to act as escalation point from Tier 1 and 2
    • Provide technical support Windows, Desktop, hardware, software, and peripherals
    • Build and deploy personal computers and servers
  • Learning/Advancing Responsibilities:
    • We are seeking motivated, driven, intellectuals to join our rapidly advancing company
    • Obtain VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA, Windows MCSE/MCSA, Citrix certifications within 18 months
    • Work alongside two different project teams (Networking and Systems Support) to pick up new skills and learn from on-the-job training
    • Must enjoy working in a team and play well with others
  • Benefits+ training + quarterly profit sharing The Junior Desktop Admin will be performing two key functions:1) Working in a 6 person team environment, providing Tier I and Tier II Help Desk support and Systems Administration, and…
    2) Be a sponge and advance as quickly as possible by working alongside Senior Networking & System Engineers to perform Virtualization (IaaS) Solutions.

Classroom and certifications are strongly encouraged and paid for, during the first 18 months of employment you can obtain up to 6 certifications.

This is a full-time, salaried position with health benefits and retirement.

Holy shyt this looks like a fukking amazing job :whoo:

You can be Coli #6certgang and get that shyt paid for in 18 months:wow:

Pay is 55k-65k:wow:
:ohhh:where can i apply at breh?

Daps
Dealt with what may be a shady Staffing agency, Y'all ever experience that? trying to submit you for stuff you might not be qualified for just so they can see if it sticks.
:martin:
what's shady about that though? like how big of a discrepancy is there between your skill-set and the job listing? sometimes that can be a come up.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
how do you guys answer the disability question when you apply online? I have a few disabilities that hinder my job performance but I don't like stating it cuz I feel it takes me out the running.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
how do you guys answer the disability question when you apply online? I have a few disabilities that hinder my job performance but I don't like stating it cuz I feel it takes me out the running.

so why even even mention it?

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not sure what to do next :jbhmm:
Getting ready to move on from where I am
2 years under my belt, MCSE ...CCNP... :jbhmm:
I need to get it poppin with security :jbhmm: Been readng the SSCP content and CISSP seems to be just a little more sprinkled on top :pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
MD
Not sure what to do next :jbhmm:
Getting ready to move on from where I am
2 years under my belt, MCSE ...CCNP... :jbhmm:
I need to get it poppin with security :jbhmm: Been readng the SSCP content and CISSP seems to be just a little more sprinkled on top :pachaha:
it is. Just go for the CISSP.