IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Dealt with what may be a shady Staffing agency, Y'all ever experience that? trying to submit you for stuff you might not be qualified for just so they can see if it sticks.
:martin:

Last edited:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Lots of these system admin jobs require a B.S. in CS or Information Systems:patrice:

How did you guys get into the Network/System Admin roles without a B.S? How can you go from help desk to Admin?

Daps
Lots of these system admin jobs require a B.S. in CS or Information Systems:patrice:

How did you guys get into the Network/System Admin roles without a B.S? How can you go from help desk to Admin?
THey likely dont require it. They ask for it so you feel underqualified. That way they can low ball you and you feel grateful for the job.

:takedat:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Scheduled my 901 and 902 expecting to do them both next weekend friday n saturday mornings but the earliest damn time in my city was over a month away :damn:

im trynna get on the road to this paper brehs:damn:

aw well another month wont hurt, imma just keep studying shyt is just gonna get easier when i finally take it :ehh:

Last edited:

Spin

All Star
Daps
Just started with this book and I must say I'm impressed. It's written in a very user friendly manner. If you want to get some Linux practice with step by step instructions on how to install a distro and learn administration skills I recommend this 100%. They have previous versions you can buy for dirt cheap, but figured I would get the latest one.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
@bdizzle or anyone that knows, do you need the CISSP to hit the 6 figure salary mark in IT?

Also, what kind of job did you have to rack up those five years of experience to get the CISSP?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Scheduled my 901 and 902 expecting to do them both next weekend friday n saturday mornings but the earliest damn time in my city was over a month away :damn:

im trynna get on the road to this paper brehs:damn:

aw well another month wont hurt, imma just keep studying shyt is just gonna get easier when i finally take it :ehh:
Why not just drive out to a different city :dahell:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
@bdizzle or anyone that knows, do you need the CISSP to hit the 6 figure salary mark in IT?

Also, what kind of job did you have to rack up those five years of experience to get the CISSP?

lol did you even try to do research or are you asking because people throw around CISSP all through this thread?

You dont need certs to make 6 figures. CISSP is irrelevant unless you want to do something security related, and to even get it you would need to have some type of experience in the security area already.

Certs an a Degree are things that help you get experience, and experience trumps all. Experience is what will get you 6 figures not a cert.