IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any DBA's the administer Oracle here? A recruiter reached out to me about a mid level DBA admin and I'm thinking about pursuing it.

Imma reach the 6 figure promise land one day brehs:to:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
For guys like me who are just starting the cert path, this guy is great. Explains everything super clear and easy. I knew nothing about IT and was so confused with all the types of IT jobs and what all of them do so I watched a couple of his vids and everything made sense. :obama:

Also brehs, how common is earning 100k + in IT? I wanna do financial independence/retire early. earning 100k is almost necessary to do it :lupe:

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anyone know anything about the IT/dev scene in africa? currently studying a compsci type degree and thinking of maybe trying to make some moves out there anyone follow some blogs or good websites regarding the IT/DEVstartup scene there?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yeah

Yeah they do breh would you say a ComSci degree would be the better choice then?

I`d get a Degree in something with a Universal Title imo when it comes to Bachelors. Comp Sci if you want to get into Programming and Info Technology/Computer Info Sys/Management Info Sys for Infrastructure and Project Management.

Are the entrance requirements the same? And what exactly are you trying to do?