IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got a remote gig, assuming my piss come back clean I'll be at 12k/mo after taxes, new personal high :ehh:

I have another remote gig I'm trying to get as well, if I get that one I'd probably be close to 20k/mo.

I'm still feeling some type of way about it because I really don't wanna work for anyone any longer :francis:

Every spare penny I get is going right into my business. I want to be able to work for myself 100% by the end of 2016. If I'm still "employed" by 2017 I'm gonna be ashamed of myself :snoop:

I'm working remote for a while since the office is being renovated, it been liberating. I get a lot more work done at work, and even get a chance to do things around the house.

What are the job duties/titles for those two remote gigs, if you don't mind me asking?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm working remote for a while since the office is being renovated, it been liberating. I get a lot more work done at work, and even get a chance to do things around the house.

What are the job duties/titles for those two remote gigs, if you don't mind me asking?

One is a Windows eng role and the other is an Ad role. The 3rd one that I'm hoping to get is a security/PKI gig.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Just got a remote gig, assuming my piss come back clean I'll be at 12k/mo after taxes, new personal high :ehh:

I have another remote gig I'm trying to get as well, if I get that one I'd probably be close to 20k/mo.

I'm still feeling some type of way about it because I really don't wanna work for anyone any longer :francis:

Every spare penny I get is going right into my business. I want to be able to work for myself 100% by the end of 2016. If I'm still "employed" by 2017 I'm gonna be ashamed of myself :snoop:
Looking to adopt a 25 year old?:feedme:

You never have any employer conflict working for two different companies?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Looking to adopt a 25 year old?:feedme:

You never have any employer conflict working for two different companies?

:mjlol: @employer conflict. Im just hustling these cacs outta as much money I can get. I quit these jobs no notice all the damn time breh. I be no call no showing and lying on my timesheet and everything:ahh:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:mjlol: @employer conflict. Im just hustling these cacs outta as much money I can get. I quit these jobs no notice all the damn time breh. I be no call no showing and lying on my timesheet and everything:ahh:
:deadrose:

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:dead:

May need to see if I can finesse an extra check... any tips?

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest

I need this 2 remote jobs life :noah:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
:dead:

May need to see if I can finesse an extra check... any tips?

Like Nike said, just do it. it's amazing what you can get away with if you just don't ask for permission. My girl be shocked and amazed at the shyt I get away with at my jobs. Ill just start showing up at 11am and dare nikkas to say something to me :lolbron:

I need this 2 remote jobs life :noah:

When them two checks be coming in, it's the goat feeling breh. I'd get a check on Friday for 3 racks, then a check on Tuesday for 2000, then Friday again another 3 racks, then Tuesday another 2000.

Im not gonna do it again this time, but last time I was on my BMF shyt. I'd go to the strip club with my boys and drop like 1500 on these big booty Atlanta hoes :whew:

I'd go to the club and buy a table for like $2000 and go around the club pouring shots of Ciroq in random bytches mouths. One day I went on a Tuesday and gotta table, bought a $700 bottle of Ace of Spades and they roped off our area and put this brolic 6'5 cac with an ear piece to be our security for the night. Wed take turns sending our waitress to go get girls for us and we'd lie and say we were hedge fund managers or CEO's or companies :russ: I remember this one chick straight told me "I'm married but you can have my number :shaq:"

I was buying my girl $2000 herve legar dresses and running through bottles of scotch like my name was Daddy Warbucks :wow:

I legit miss that life :to:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Like Nike said, just do it. it's amazing what you can get away with if you just don't ask for permission. My girl be shocked and amazed at the shyt I get away with at my jobs. Ill just start showing up at 11am and dare nikkas to say something to me :lolbron:

When them two checks be coming in, it's the goat feeling breh. I'd get a check on Friday for 3 racks, then a check on Tuesday for 2000, then Friday again another 3 racks, then Tuesday another 2000.

Im not gonna do it again this time, but last time I was on my BMF shyt. I'd go to the strip club with my boys and drop like 1500 on these big booty Atlanta hoes :whew:

I'd go to the club and buy a table for like $2000 and go around the club pouring shots of Ciroq in random bytches mouths. One day I went on a Tuesday and gotta table, bought a $700 bottle of Ace of Spades and they roped off our area and put this brolic 6'5 cac with an ear piece to be our security for the night. Wed take turns sending our waitress to go get girls for us and we'd lie and say we were hedge fund managers or CEO's or companies :russ: I remember this one chick straight told me "I'm married but you can have my number :shaq:"

I was buying my girl $2000 herve legar dresses and running through bottles of scotch like my name was Daddy Warbucks :wow:

:damn::damn::damn:

Thats inspiration like a motherfukker...Your stories keep me motivated for real

Breh you the hero that the coli need :wow:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps

What do you plan to venture into?

Spin

All Star
Daps
Any advice for first gig resumes? I know people in this thread said the HR departments put more than what's required on these job descriptions. It does seem that way from some of the ones I looked at recently. If someone already has 2+ years of routing and switching experience, why would they be applying for a level 1/jr help desk job?

For my current gig in marketing I have developed customer service experience dealing with vendors and various other clients. I have also used windows/mac, fixed printers, reset routers and a few other basic troubleshooting issues. Just trying to figure out how to sell myself for the intended audience. Yes I have the A+. Working on CCNA now.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Any advice for first gig resumes? I know people in this thread said the HR departments put more than what's required on these job descriptions. It does seem that way from some of the ones I looked at recently. If someone already has 2+ years of routing and switching experience, why would they be applying for a level 1/jr help desk job?

For my current gig in marketing I have developed customer service experience dealing with vendors and various other clients. I have also used windows/mac, fixed printers, reset routers and a few other basic troubleshooting issues. Just trying to figure out how to sell myself for the intended audience. Yes I have the A+. Working on CCNA now.

You ever think about doing tech support for a ISP or a local university?

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest

:mjlol:

You making the hood proud breh.....that 2 remote shyt is my goal within the next yr..stil ltryna pick up the first one :wow:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Its been a while since i been in here. Never attempted to the A plus like i said.

I took the 473 exam for the post office on the 28th last month. Passed and im on a waiting list. Apply to positions im eligible for whenever i see a posting.

Obviously any full time job would be monday through saturday.

I just wish it was possible to work a help desk job only on sunday but i have no chance of that ever happening :to:

Im trapped :sadbron:

Because starting salary of help desk would be about $12 which would be less than the post office...so im at a conflict

Dont know what im gonna do