IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Ok cool bro preciate it. Yea udemy is really hands on and kronenberg has a good course on all AWS certs really breaks it down for beginners to understand. I'll do Linux next then and learn those DevOps tools on there and in school this semester as well.
how is the AWS class? I plan on doing it in the fall. Since I dont have any summer classes I`m using this summer for Python and Red Hat

Blu3_2k7

Rookie
Daps
how is the AWS class? I plan on doing it in the fall. Since I dont have any summer classes I`m using this summer for Python and Red Hat
To be honest it's really the truth. I mean I have no exp in this and he breaks it down very simply to understand. He goes into detail on pretty much every service on the platform related to whatever level you are trying to get. I highly recommend it bruh. It's $40 well spent and he has resources attached to further help with and daw section on each lecture. Also has labs that goes step by step on how to set up and run instances and databases. Shows you how to use ssh terminal or putty with AWS. It's just too good do it homie

Blu3_2k7

Rookie
Daps
To be honest it's really the truth. I mean I have no exp in this and he breaks it down very simply to understand. He goes into detail on pretty much every service on the platform related to whatever level you are trying to get. I highly recommend it bruh. It's $40 well spent and he has resources attached to further help with and daw section on each lecture. Also has labs that goes step by step on how to set up and run instances and databases. Shows you how to use ssh terminal or putty with AWS. It's just too good do it homie
I mean FAQ not daw...damn spell check

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I go there from time to time but the discussions aren't as active and not to mention relatable as the coli. I've noticed that you asked a lot of the same questions in this thread, what exactly is it that you need answers to of advice on?

nothing I'm using youtube to figure things out, the hardest thing I haven't gotten to that part of the book yet.

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Finally got my vouchers for the A+, and i'm trynna take the 801 in the next few days, but i just found out 900 series is gonna be the standard soon :damn:. Thinkin about just filling in the holes with professor messer videos and taking the 901 instead. Apparently it's only 25% different.

Cus if i pass the 801 and dont pass the 802 before it expires i'd be soooo sick:wow:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Received contact from a fortune 500 this week.
1.filled out some E-screen sheet.
2.Screened with the IT recruiter , she gave me a head up on the Behavioral Interview with the manager.
3.Next was the telephone interview with the hiring manager and Department IT manager, only asked me to repeat the same bullshyt I have I'm my resume.

Wish the hiring process was easier like years or ago,the process now seems to be military inspired.After hearing my black voice , I'm sure the job will go to some CAC. lol

They were giving me the job location, the pay, how many team members, the on call schedule etc, I gave them the happy voice,, but my face was like :stopitslime:
I stopped getting excited over that shyt years ago.

Daps
Yo guys its my first time in this thread.
So I'm 17 about to go into the senior year and have no idea what to do for a job/career. I have no plans of going to college but trade school is an option. Any ideas? Stuff that can support myself when I leave on my own.
Thanks

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yo guys its my first time in this thread.
So I'm 17 about to go into the senior year and have no idea what to do for a job/career. I have no plans of going to college but trade school is an option. Any ideas? Stuff that can support myself when I leave on my own.
Thanks
Why aren't you going to college?

semtex

:)
Daps
I'm way too poor to afford it. And if I go I'll just have lots of debt.

So I need career advise for post highschool. :/
It's smart to hold off on college if you have no idea what you want to do. Better than going through semester after semester just spinning your tires and never progressing within a curriculum like I did for two years. What are you interested in generally speaking?