IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Searched this thread for the powershell info i know was dropped before but nothing came back

@bdizzle @Mainevent_7

Any interactive/lab sites for powershell?

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
My bad if it's in here, but are there any dumbed down articles or videos on how to subnet?

And any recommendations for a good Net+ source? I'm going through Prof. Messer for my notes but it's too dry for me.

I can give you a ebook on the N+ if you want, pm me.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
For my IT journey, I will be moving over to reddit, I think them cacs will help a bit... it's a huge site with many subforums so I should be alright. I will post when I get the mcsa cert.

Last edited:

se1f_made

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For my IT journey, I will be moving over to reddit, I think them cacs will help a bit... it's a huge site with many subforums so I should be alright. I will post when I get the mcsa cert.
I go there from time to time but the discussions aren't as active and not to mention relatable as the coli. I've noticed that you asked a lot of the same questions in this thread, what exactly is it that you need answers to of advice on?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Cryptography section, boring ass instructor ain't making it no better

stephen-a-smith-gif.gif
Rotors r us. We get to talk about the enigma, Colossus and the typex

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I don't know if I should of just stayed in the Animation major I was in when I first started college. The IT field requires so many memorization skills...
What makes me more upset at this point is that I have no clue what branch I want to go in specifically and I'm a year & a half from graduating with my Bachelor in IT. Some students in my class are talking about wanting to be a Integration Development Engineer or Database Management or CISA while others say they are Network Administrators or IT Telecom Analyst. I'm like :mindblown: "how did you figure out what job you wanted specifically?!"
Just work hard and stick it out, it a different way of thinking. You will get used to it.

Research and internships help.

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
Personalization(DMS) is where it is at. If I wanted to stay in my field, it's an easy transition but I want six figures, no less
There are definitely 6 figure jobs. I've got zero work experience (I'm currently doing my masters) but have gotten job offers of $50,000+.

Blu3_2k7

Rookie
Daps
I'm currently doing my AWS certs...any I should look into going into this fall semester to add to those to get me better job offers?

Blu3_2k7

Rookie
Daps
whats your background and which AWS cert u doing
None at all. I'm doing the solutions architect associate on udemy with Ryan kronenberg. I've done research into this cloud platform and I'm really into it, so I'm going to do all four of the levels in this. Then i wanted to expand and get my skills better

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
None at all. I'm doing the solutions architect associate on udemy with Ryan kronenberg. I've done research into this cloud platform and I'm really into it, so I'm going to do all four of the levels in this. Then i wanted to expand and get my skills better

Ok, I plan on doing that one too. I say learn a Scripting Language, get familiar with Linux and you should be straight. Learn a DevOps tool like Chef/Pupper/Ansible and that should be icing on the cake.

Blu3_2k7

Rookie
Daps
Ok, I plan on doing that one too. I say learn a Scripting Language, get familiar with Linux and you should be straight. Learn a DevOps tool like Chef/Pupper/Ansible and that should be icing on the cake.
Ok cool bro preciate it. Yea udemy is really hands on and kronenberg has a good course on all AWS certs really breaks it down for beginners to understand. I'll do Linux next then and learn those DevOps tools on there and in school this semester as well.