IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
While my security knowledge is rusty as hell. You can always setup a Linux box and try to exploit it.

Play around with nmap and Nessus( haven't used this tool in almost a decade, but still see its popular ). There's also Linux distributions dedicated to this. Can't remeber the name of it though.. Lol

You're referring to Kali Linux(which used to be Backtrack). It's got all the exploit tools built into the distro

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
@patscorpio

:ohhh: Did you have to get a Masters to get a job or did you get it just to advance your career?

Also if you don't mind me asking what kinda money are you making and in what city? I live in Michigan so I don't expect too much of a crazy salary.:lupe:

Also how easy would it be to transition to a Project Manager role from a business analyst? PMs with experience seem to make good money and the job seems interesting in general
check your inbox

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Just got out of training at my gig

I also have a schedule that will allow me to take the Cisco networking class that I want

:troll:

Daps
Reppin
MD
I never thought I would be such a good developer :wow: Not flexin I'm just sayin. I look back to 2010 when I couldn't wrap my head around basic shyt. Now I'm exceeding expectations in corporate. :mjcry: you gotta give yourself credit where it's due
I wish I put more hours into coding back when I was in college. I can't develop worth shyt lol.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Just got my ITIL and CSM, now going to spend this summer focusing on Python and earning my RHCSA, after that plan on focusing on AWS and DevOPS tools.

Anyone ever did the RHCSA? Wondering if my Macbook is enough (i7, 16gb ram, 100 and some range free gb for the HD) to study via Virtual box or should I get a windows desktop just for studying as all the ram and such would be dedicated just for this.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Just got my ITIL and CSM, now going to spend this summer focusing on Python and earning my RHCSA, after that plan on focusing on AWS and DevOPS tools.

Anyone ever did the RHCSA? Wondering if my Macbook is enough (i7, 16gb ram, 100 and some range free gb for the HD) to study via Virtual box or should I get a windows desktop just for studying as all the ram and such would be dedicated just for this.

More than enough

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
More than enough

Have you ever sat for the RHCSA? I have no Linux experience (from an Admin perspective that is). I purchased the RHCSA UDemy course and the Mike Jang book that was highly recommend on various forums. My goal was to spend this summer learning Python and doing this RHCSA stuff and take the exam in August before school starts back up.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Have you ever sat for the RHCSA? I have no Linux experience (from an Admin perspective that is). I purchased the RHCSA UDemy course and the Mike Jang book that was highly recommend on various forums. My goal was to spend this summer learning Python and doing this RHCSA stuff and take the exam in August before school starts back up.

I haven't done the RHCSA yet, I was responding to the question about your macbook running a VM

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
Just got my ITIL and CSM

I got my ITIL 2 years ago and I want to get my CSM this summer
troll.png
. Do you just attend the 2 day live training and take the online exam after ?

Just want to know about the experience. Did you find the exam hard ?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I got my ITIL 2 years ago and I want to get my CSM this summer
troll.png
. Do you just attend the 2 day live training and take the online exam after ?

Just want to know about the experience. Did you find the exam hard ?

Yup just go to the class, you actually learn stuff though I will say, so its not entirely a cash grab. But yeah after the class your trainer sends you the link and you take the test. The test isn't proctored so you can make of that what ever you want :lolbron:. I was going to do the Product Owner Course, but The CSM class gives more insight on how everyone is impacted, so you kind of get to learn SCRUM from every persons point of view (Scrum Master, Dev Team, Product Owner). In all honesty you can understand the fundamentals of Agile just by reading online and comparing it to how your work environment is (if you are in a say Waterfall shop), like I said the Class is good because it teaches you Pure SCRUM/AGILE which gives you a good foundation since most companies that say they are AGILE arent and are really using some Waterfall fusion they made up.

Lord Z

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
CN
Yup just go to the class, you actually learn stuff though I will say, so its not entirely a cash grab. But yeah after the class your trainer sends you the link and you take the test. The test isn't proctored so you can make of that what ever you want :lolbron:. I was going to do the Product Owner Course, but The CSM class gives more insight on how everyone is impacted, so you kind of get to learn SCRUM from every persons point of view (Scrum Master, Dev Team, Product Owner). In all honesty you can understand the fundamentals of Agile just by reading online and comparing it to how your work environment is (if you are in a say Waterfall shop), like I said the Class is good because it teaches you Pure SCRUM/AGILE which gives you a good foundation since most companies that say they are AGILE arent and are really using some Waterfall fusion they made up.

I totally agree with your last sentence. I've worked in an Agile / Scrum environment for nearly 5 years,so I think I'll be comfortable with the course
jawalrus.png