It Appears As If NBC Has Quietly Cancelled DC Comics Sitcom POWERLESS

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It Appears As If NBC Has Quietly Cancelled DC Comics Sitcom POWERLESS

It's been revealed today that NBC has removed Powerless from its Tuesday night lineup. No official announcement has been made in regards to the future of the show or the scheduling change, but the comedy also appears to be missing from the NBC website, so chances are it's been cancelled.

An episode called "No Consequence Day" was supposed to air this week, with "Win, Luthor, Draw" airing on May 4th. However, both have been replaced with extra episodes of sitcom Superstore.

Powerless premiered to poor ratings back in February and the show had been heavily retooled by then with new casting additions, a setting closely tied to Batman, and a cheesy tone which seemed like a far cry from what we saw in the first trailer. None of that helped, though, and it seems like NBC's love affair with DC Comics could be at an end after cancelling both Constantine and now this as well.

Damn.... thought it would get a 2nd season.

I still gotta watch Constantine, never knew if that was good or not. Surprisingly the stanbase here never talks about it

Martha

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Should've been cancelled ages ago. The only thing that got me through the first 2 episodes was vanessa hudgens but that wasn't enough lol
:heh: That's what was tempting me to watch the show besides the fact that it was another DC joint. Been meaning to get into this but I guess it's no rush now :hubie:

KRiLL (+)

Yo! Ho! Ho!
Daps
Reppin
Straw Hat Pirates
dang, and i was looking forward to a second season...
dMxiISk.png

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt was doomed from the start. DC is trying to do way too much with their television series and giving people shyt that nobody was asking for. The only stuff they've really be able to get right is the CW stuff and even some of that (Legends of Tomorrow) is doing too much.

Marvel is getting to that point too. I can see Cloak and Dagger and that New Warriors show being big flops, same goes for Runaways.

If the comic book bubble bursts it's going to be because of all of these wack ass TV tie ins.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I loved the concept and I think it's something that could work, but it was also missing something that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
This shyt was doomed from the start. DC is trying to do way too much with their television series and giving people shyt that nobody was asking for. The only stuff they've really be able to get right is the CW stuff and even some of that (Legends of Tomorrow) is doing too much.

Marvel is getting to that point too. I can see Cloak and Dagger and that New Warriors show being big flops, same goes for Runaways.

If the comic book bubble bursts it's going to be because of all of these wack ass TV tie ins.

its the watchable media version of new number 1 issues and gimmick covers on the 90's, right.

Cash grabs make any and every industry implode under their own weight.