Is Voltron the Aaron Hall to the Power Ranger's R.Kelly?

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
With this Power Ranger movie we gotta acknowledge the grand daddy of this shyt that never got their live action just due, Volton. It's amazing how one can bite the other. It's like the Power Rangers saw Voltron's steez and just decided to drop Public Announcement and shave their head to release 12 Play

SIMILARITIES

(Fan drawing above by Andrew Leta)
Big Robos
The original Voltron robo (known as GoLion in Japan) was made of five different colored lion-like robots (Red, Black, Green, Blue and Yellow) to form one big robot. The original Megazord (Daizyujin in Japan) was made of five robots modeled after pre-historic beasts. Both big robos wielded swords. So it can be seen why they are similar.

Color Uniforms
The original pilots of 'Voltron' wore the colors (or similar) to their lions. Keith wore red and piloted the Black Lion, Lance wore blue and piloted the Red Lion, small Pidge piloted Green Lion in his green uniform, Sven wore black and piloted Blue Lion, Hunk wore orange and piloted the Yellow Lion. Princess Alura later takes over for Sven and piloted the Blue Lion in a pink uniform. The Power Rangers always have colored uniforms and always piloted zords of their same color (while most Pink Rangers had white zords with some sort of pink trim).

http://henshingrid.blogspot.com/2012/08/settle-debate-chicken-or-egg-voltron-or.html

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Voltron > Power Rangers

By a billion miles.

Edit - maybe not. Maybe it's just my childhood talking. By the time I ever saw Power Rangers on tv I was like :scust:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this was a well known fact that R. Kelly stole Aaron Hall style, swag, or whatever. :yeshrug: