Is this statement correct? Enter if you dare

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So it's acquisition season and the console war narratives are confusing. So Sony stans believe buying a little known studio is good and buying a more established studio is bad for gaming.

Now they say that because Microsoft has been making huge AAA acquisitions while Sony does that too, they been mainly buying little companies as of late.

But there's a MAJOR DIFFERENCE Sony stans in particular fail to recognize and this statement defeats their entire argument. So without further Ado, is this following statement correct?

Anything Sony buys is to be exclusive and thus making that devs games reach less people. And then they'll flop like returnal did and Sony will do them like they've done every MAJOR dev they've had under them. ZIPPER interactive says :sadcam: But Xbox puts all their games on Xbox and PC so any acquisition will still reach the masses. So there's no reason to get upset over Xbox acquisitions, only Sony ones because those purchases hurt the industry as a whole. Again, returnal sold 500k :francis: (name the Xbox exclusive that did worse)

If I'm incorrect, please speak on it intelligently so we can reach a smart conclusion :handshake:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Playstation has the cultural power to buy the small studios and use their marketing to make them a big deal
Microsoft needs bigger studios to survive

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Even if the answer were yes at least these games are coming out. If the game is exclusive and its that good, word of mouth will reach people who don't have the platform and they might feel compelled to buy it. I could give a fukk if someone on the message board thinks a game is a flop because if I played it and enjoyed it that's all that matters.

Maybe down the line in 2023-2024 we'll have some Series X/S exclusives Microsoft studios develop that will compel me to buy.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
:mjlol: @ Returnal flopping...you n*ggas still mad you didn't get Returnal huh?

You can make all the triple A acquisitions you want but one question - where are the games?

Walking around poking your chest out about acquisitions that are only going to produce game trailers for E3 2024 - you should be ashamed of yourself.

Meanwhile Sony is adding studios to the squad who've already put proven work in the platform. That means Sony already has exclusive titles on their platform from these studios and the acquisition signals the intent to turn those titles into a franchise.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Clown nikka :mjlol:
Why did you get banned?
Playstation has the cultural power to buy the small studios and use their marketing to make them a big deal
Microsoft needs bigger studios to survive
:jbhmm:
Even if the answer were yes at least these games are coming out. If the game is exclusive and its that good, word of mouth will reach people who don't have the platform and they might feel compelled to buy it. I could give a fukk if someone on the message board thinks a game is a flop because if I played it and enjoyed it that's all that matters.

Maybe down the line in 2023-2024 we'll have some Series X/S exclusives Microsoft studios develop that will compel me to buy.
Most clown filled post I've read in a long time. So first you say maybe word of mouth, then it's you don't care if someone says it's a flop :dwillhuh: So word of mouth only applies to someone saying good. Then you'll be "compelled" and maybe Xbox will have something that compels you by 2024.

I thought we was having intelligent conversations here not long winded FANBOY bullshyt. Good day sir...
Did you brush your teeth before posting this at least?
If I'm incorrect, please speak on it intelligently so we can reach a smart conclusion :handshake:
:mjlol: @ Returnal flopping...you n*ggas still mad you didn't get Returnal huh?

You can make all the triple A acquisitions you want but one question - where are the games?

Walking around poking your chest out about acquisitions that are only going to produce game trailers for E3 2024 - you should be ashamed of yourself.

Meanwhile Sony is adding studios to the squad who've already put proven work in the platform. That means Sony already has exclusive titles on their platform from these studios and the acquisition signals the intent to turn those titles into a franchise.
Could you back up this long winded post with a shed of evidence to backup what you're saying? And while you say things about Xbox it's not true. Xbox has more 1st party games out now, and had more planned in the future than Sony.

Does that register or nah?

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Word of mouth for shyt I haven't played, yes. There's other factors like genre of game, who developed it, is it a sequel etc. I'm saying if I played something and I know its good why would I let the Coli talk me out of it?