Is this really what R&B has come down to??

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
giphy.gif

Well, as we all know trouble is a brewing in R&B music. I know I'm not the only who has heard people say Adelle & Sam Smith are, not that I agree in the least. But folks are saying right now that white folks run it. Check this shyt out tho:

For reference this is how the orginals went:

I'm :pacspit: all over this bullshyt! Like where is the fukking creativity at? This is some straight bullshyt.

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
Just like everything else... whether it be style or whatever or what have you people are always gonna bite off of each other.

It's much easier to take someone's idea and morph it into your own than come up with something original... history has proven this time and time again.

Last edited:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
a lot of current artist lean on studio tricks instead of developing their voices

a lot are not musically literate they just go by feel and whatever programs hardware they use

add to the mix that they listen to mostly radio garbage and are biting/being inspired by their contemporaries who basically are being inspired/biting in the same fashion

the a1 artist usually have a education in music from young a deep and varied source of inspiration paired with the mastery of their tools of expression

most popular music r&b or otherwise right now is microwave music/background noise not something you'd have to set time apart to actually listen to

good/great things take time
and that's not something most people have to give now