Is this a good or bad analogy? Nas=The Wire. Biggie=The Sopranos.

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have heard this before. Like how Nas at his best is like a supreme sociological journalist. detailing every nook and cranny of black street life and by extension its humanity. similar to the way The Wire presented Baltimore

While Biggie/Sopranos is more from a psychological examination of one mans mind and worldview.

Obviously thats not all there is to Nas/The Wire and Biggie/Sopranos, but the main themes.

what do you think? either way, Nas and Biggie preceded to two greatest works of TV Drama we have seen. So Nas and Biggie>>> The Wire and The Sopranos.

or am i trippin?

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i personally dont think Nas is better than Big, but i definitely agree that he had a bigger worldview....

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i personally dont think Nas is better than Big, but i definitely agree that he had a bigger worldview....
to be honest, i think its apples and oranges. they about equal to me. if i was forced to pick i probably go with Nas but its too close to call. Obv Big is more versatile. Big to me is a better version of Jay Z and with superior storytelling abilities. While Nas is like a poet who documented probably the most important story about crack era black america.

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
Sopranos is not seeing Friday Night Lights or Breaking Bad as far as TV dramas go.

Nas is better than BIG though, so at least you got that part correct.