Is there a place of business with worse service and more loyal customer base than Popeye's?

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
I mean, EVERY time you go there is an issue:

"We all out of green beans"
"20 minutes on spicy" - More like 30
Always out of condiments, at least the good ones

...and there's always about 6-10 people in there with their receipts looking irritated af :snoop::martin::what::gucci:

Yet we all keep coming right back :yeshrug:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I've been lucky then. My Popeye's experience has been pretty good even now. McDonalds though. I don't know what they did to offend the Burger Gods but they can't get an order right to save their life.

King Jae

Banned
Daps
Part of the ambiance:ufdup:...that's how u know its good cooks in the back grasshopper...ill wait an extra 10 min to get that fresh batch:ohlawd:

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Man you right, Popeyes service is almost universally trash, but it never fails to be packed with a long line.

But hell they might be the goat fast food restaurant.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I am a Bonjangles person, so I never encountered that issue. I never go to Popeyes though, I might need to hit one up soon.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I mean, EVERY time you go there is an issue:

"We all out of green beans"
"20 minutes on spicy" - More like 30
Always out of condiments, at least the good ones

...and there's always about 6-10 people in there with their receipts looking irritated af :snoop::martin::what::gucci:

Yet we all I keep coming right back :yeshrug:

"good dope sells itself"

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
We got a few out here. Theres one out here that's deep in the suburbs, and the customer service is good. No problems, and its clean too.

Another one by a mall I haven't been to in a while, but they've had issues. They had a sewage problem at one point, and the Indians (7-11 tribe) somehow rigged a hose to a drainage hole in the floor, right in front of the chicken. You could smell the sewage and see green fluid coming out. It got closed down. Its reopened under new management now.

That same popeyes, before the Indians got it, was managed by a Black man. I went in there one night, and staff was pissed cuz they didn't get their checks yet. Besides that, the ice machine was broke, so they had a self serve bag of ice for your drinks. Cashier was damn near retarded and had me waiting forever. I ate there and a young boy was cleaning the floor and he struck up conversation with me airing his grievances about not getting paid on time which was often. He was telling me about all kinds of problems there, and I asked is the manager a brother? :mjpls: He replied, "you already know!!!" :stopitslime: I'll never forget that.

Theres one down here that had a rodent problem several months back and made the news. Few months ago they closed down with no explanation. I went in there one day a few years ago after a heavy rainstorm. The floor was wet. It's about twenty feet from the door to the register. Again, the floor was wet. I took maybe three steps before I went airborne and landed on my azz. Folks came over checking on me, white chick asking me was I alright with that typical young white college girl accent. My azz hurt for a few days after that. I didn't go back there for a while.

Theres only one down here in the city now, and its hit or miss. One day I was fiending for some, drove there and walked up up to the door. They wrote on a piece of paper taped to the door that their debit machine was down, cash only. Typical. Every time I ago theres two lines, one for those waiting to order and another of those who already paid. They never have sweetened ice tea, and I can't tell you how many times I've heard the cashier yell to the back, "how long on spicy?!?!" Then she looks at me and says, "sir it will be 10 minutes on spicy. Would you like regular instead?" They make the fast food experience a 1/2 hour ordeal at times. I swear they treat napkins like theres a national shortage too. Give me some damn napkins:stopitslime: I ask for a handful of ketchup packets, they give me 2. I ask for a couple honey packets, they give me 10. Ten honey packets for one biscuit :mindblown:

I keep going back though.

CookDat

Shaken, not stirred.
Daps
Reppin
DMV
KFC. You get all the shytty customer service that you'd expect from Popeyes, but the food isnt even good. And somehow KFC is still in business.