Is the fifth season the kiss of death for black sitcoms?

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Alfonso Ribeiro: 'LL Cool J and I fell out on miserable sitcom'

Basically, LL wasn't focused on working hard as an actor because music was more of a priority for him. Alfonso didn't like that because on Fresh Prince, everybody took their jobs seriously and wanted to make each episode the best. He only agreed to do the last season if he could film scenes without LL.

Carlton, got Will Smith’ed again for another sitcom.

Wasn’t this around 98-2000? If so, I could understand a bit on why LL was unfocused. He was involved with Halloween H2O, Deep Blue Sea, In 2 Deep, working on the GOAT album.

shyt, I remember it was nearing the end, but I didn’t know there was a season without Kim Wayans and Mia Campbell :russ:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Last actual episode they were on camera together was the one where martin gave the lil boy the jordans, which wasa real good episode.

The very next episode, was the court episode where gina was tryna get pregnant.

All downhill from there
bytch ruined the GOAT sitcom.

MustafaSTL

Daps
Wayans Bros didn't get a proper finale :pacspit: They had some great episodes in the last season :heh:
Wayans is one that didn’t even fall off. They just never got the proper send off. That 5th season was one of their best. I felt like the show got better and better, with the first season being the worst by far.

MustafaSTL

Daps
Carlton, got Will Smith’ed again for another sitcom.

Wasn’t this around 98-2000? If so, I could understand a bit on why LL was unfocused. He was involved with Halloween H2O, Deep Blue Sea, In 2 Deep, working on the GOAT album.

shyt, I remember it was nearing the end, but I didn’t know there was a season without Kim Wayans and Mia Campbell :russ:
I forgot Kim and Maia left the show too. With In The House coming back in syndication on HBO Max, I really forgot how much movement that show had. Debbie Allen and that little nikka leaving was cool, but the show basically flipped from what it was. It was basically LL’s star power that kept anyone tuned it.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Wayans is one that didn’t even fall off. They just never got the proper send off. That 5th season was one of their best. I felt like the show got better and better, with the first season being the worst by far.
I’m in the middle of a mini binge now and season 5 is still super strong. They already have two classics (Marlon was dating a hoe and Shawn/Dee “smashing”) and I’m only a few episodes in.

MustafaSTL

Daps
I’m in the middle of a mini binge now and season 5 is still super strong. They already have two classics (Marlon was dating a hoe and Shawn/Dee “smashing”) and I’m only a few episodes in.
Yep, plenty of gems in season 5. Roy Jones episode is a great one too. I watch it a lot along with my Martin/Fresh Prince/Jamie Foxx binges.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
MV5BMTkyMjg4MTExNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzI5NjYy._V1_.jpg

the reaper..........*

aunt rachel

been putting series to death since 79 mel aint got shyt on telma