Is the fifth season the kiss of death for black sitcoms?

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Upping this to include In the House. No Maia Campbell, no Kim Wayans, most of LL's scenes are with random characters because Alfonso Ribeiro didn't like filming with him anymore. And it was only six episodes, which they just aired randomly in a week. :trash:

This is really a curse. :mjcry:

Family Matters on Season 5 is when things changed. Became more about Stephan ,Myrtle :scust:, Waldo was taking over show somewhat,Weasel etc. Urkel was still star but Family Matters in Season 5 can't say it improved get can't say it fell off.

I remember an interview with Jaleel White and he said that he thought the show was gold from seasons 1-4. I guess after that, he started thinking the show fell off.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Season 5 of Martin was great until the shyt with Martin and Tisha hit the fan
Last actual episode they were on camera together was the one where martin gave the lil boy the jordans, which wasa real good episode.

The very next episode, was the court episode where gina was tryna get pregnant.

All downhill from there

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I get that, but they couldn't think of anything else? Will and Lisa decide to get married, then in the finale, they find out there are a few things they don't have in common so they don't get married? And then they have Will's mother marry Lisa's father because they had a one night stand? And then they write Lisa off? And then they don't even acknowledge the marriage in season six? :what:

Way too much to accept. They should have never had Lisa say yes to Will's proposal.
Probably the worst story arc in sitcom history. All that buildup for Will and Lisa for it to end that way and everybody is pretty much written out the show smh. Did they even show Wills mom and Lisa’s dad anytime after that wedding? I legit forgot.

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Probably the worst story arc in sitcom history. All that buildup for Will and Lisa for it to end that way and everybody is pretty much written out the show smh. Did they even show Wills mom and Lisa’s dad anytime after that wedding? I legit forgot.

I think Will's mom comes back once, in the Thanksgiving episode where Will and Uncle Phil get arrested at the massage parlor. I don't remember them acknowledging the marriage at all.

Season 5 of In Living Color was:unimpressed:

as well

I saw a video recently about the show's history and they showed a cast picture of the last season. I barely recognized some of those people. :huhldup:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I think Will's mom comes back once, in the Thanksgiving episode where Will and Uncle Phil get arrested at the massage parlor. I don't remember them acknowledging the marriage at all.

I saw a video recently about the show's history and they showed a cast picture of the last season. I barely recognized some of those people. :huhldup:
shyt was TERRIBLE

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Upping this to include In the House. No Maia Campbell, no Kim Wayans, most of LL's scenes are with random characters because Alfonso Ribeiro didn't like filming with him anymore. And it was only six episodes, which they just aired randomly in a week. :trash:

This is really a curse. :mjcry:

I remember an interview with Jaleel White and he said that he thought the show was gold from seasons 1-4. I guess after that, he started thinking the show fell off.

Speak on this

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
My wife and kids was cancelled after season 5 on a cliffhanger

in the house season 5 was a mess, it was cancelled by upn and went into first run syndication. The season was only 8 episodes and by the the only people left was LL and alfonso

the parent ‘hood was cancelled after 5 seasons

jamie foxx ended after 5 seasons with only 12 episodes

Last edited:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
MV5BMTkyMjg4MTExNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzI5NjYy._V1_.jpg

the reaper..........*

Mike the Executioner

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York