Is sexual preference stronger than race in terms of friendship?

Spartacus89

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Southside Chicago
Race is stronger than sexual performance in most cases, but through my years in college it seems like friendship and choosing friends is one of the rare exceptions. Do you think it's true? Do you feel closer to heterosexuals of other races than homosexuals of your own race?

I noticed this in college. Being in college exposed me to different groups I had no access to growing up in Chicago. My first two dorm roommates were whiteboys, I'd never had that much social experience with white people before then but I got along with both my white roommates because we all liked and hunted for girls and smoked together. Even though it's still true that most of my friends were other heterosexual black males, I still had a strong team of white friends too. The thirst for girls and weed pretty much united the races on my dorm floor. But there's a second group of people I encountered that I didn't see or notice a lot before college which was the gays. Some of them were black and my own race, but I never felt comradery or closeness towards any of them even though they were black because it was like their sexual preference couldn't outweight race in that instance.

HowardHughes

Still hiding
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
smooth-russian-kid.gif

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ummm I don't know. I hung with a lot of gay people in college (of different races). Maybe for men

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be honest, I don't know any gay people. It wasn't so much that I don't get along with them or actively tried to avoid them, i just never got in contact with any of them. :manny:

I think it is more about social background than race though. I didn't grow up around a lot of black people, but in a migrant community. We all had different ethnic backgrounds but shared the fact that we belonged to a minority group and grew up poor. So in college and at work, I could always relate better to people who had a similar social background, while a lot of the shyt that white people do is alien to me.

What I also noticed is that the few white friends I grew up with would move on at some point and stop belonging to our group. Now when you meet them it's weird and you don't really have much to say to each other. I can meet most of my other childhood friends after ten years not seeing them and it is as if we hung out yesterday.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Race is stronger than sexual performance in most cases, but through my years in college it seems like friendship and choosing friends is one of the rare exceptions. Do you think it's true? Do you feel closer to heterosexuals of other races than homosexuals of your own race?

Truthfully, you shouldn't be choosing your friends based on either of these two things.

Trey0'5Blue2Gz

I'm The Cook that killed Gus Fring
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City
So you made a thread about how you like straight white guys more then gay black guys? :dwillhuh:

:wrist:

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For me, neither. Because I've realized some black people ain't shyt, just because we're black doesn't mean we're brothers. Sexuality doesn't mean much to me either because I'm secure with my sexuality so as long as we respect each others boundaries then I see no problem with us being friends. A friend is a friend, an enemy is an enemy, whoever will tell you that they come in only one shape and colour lied.

concise

Veteran
Daps
terrible title

anyway, no, you can't be friendly with every black person :laugh: statistically impossible

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it'd be hard for any straight man to be friends with a flamboyant gay man.