Is Percy Jackson a good movie?

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I actually enjoyed it but you could tell the franchise didn't have any legs.

Rollo Goodlove

Palestine Titty
Daps
Reppin
California, America
Pretty much my stance. I was actually surprised they squeezed out a second one.
it was a box office smash the nerd panned that shyt online. With the new series they got a chance to get it right.

Persephone
noah.png

Daps
What didn’t you like about it?
Lemme start by saying as a move by itself its not completely bad, but had they followed the source material it'd be even better. The biggest thing that got me was they made Luke the main antagonist when it was supposed to be Aries

At the end of the Lightning Thief book you get Percy and Aries in a 1 on 1 and Percy holds his own due to water fukkery. This leads Aries to put a curse on him which would've come into play in the 3rd book/movie. Luke being an agent was a surprise twist at the very end and while I know movies have to take their own creative liberties it was just stupid

So for me, I see Percy wash Luke at the end of movie 1 it kills my investment in the series because Luke is a tier above Percy skill wise. The Lightning Thief is a bad film in the same way that Rise of Skywalker is a bad film. Both are fun action/adventure flicks but the moment you start actually thinking too much as to why everything is happening, the film falls apart

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it. I love all things Greek mythology. Unfortunately it came out during the YA craze (young adulthood books) and every studio was trying to find the next Harry Potter/Twilight so if the film didn’t make $700 million, it was a flop. That same year you had The Host, Beautiful Creatures, Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters and Mortal Instruments come out. They all failed to become blockbusters. Now PJSOM still did $200 million on a $90 million budget. It probably broke even. They could’ve did a third and fourth movie but they chose to cut their losses. Which was kinda wrong because the movie ended on a cliffhanger. The books were good though.