Is NCAA 14 worth getting?

Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
Just got a new tv... was about to put in 13 and just play... thought about the new one. What ya'll think g's?

Ronald McDonald

Even in the darkest nights, I'm a MAC for life
Daps
yes. its a very fun game.

plus, prices on it will skyrocket after this year considering the fact that it may be the last one to include all of the conferences/schools.

Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
i suppose the last year version is fun... is it worth the cop.
I could understand it's a fun game if i don't have the other one.. just wondering if the upgrade when i play dynasty and i'm using fake players anyways after 4 yrs is worth it

bigrice25

DUUUVAAAAAALL!!!
Daps
Reppin
DUUUVAAAAAAAAAL
they revamped recruiting...
I like the new recruiting system, the old phone call joint grew stale after so many iterations. I would recommend you get 14.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
what did they change about it? considering buying as well

its OD complicated now

you actually have to devote time and strategize how you're going to unlock a recruits potential while gaining his interest

you get 1000 points a week...normal stuff

but each week you have to choose to unlock a certain percentage of a players true value (5% then 15% etc and it randomly selects the stat to unlock)....which means you might pick a recruit cause he's a B pursuit, then like 4 weeks into recruiting you find out its really a C

thats just one part to it

bigrice25

DUUUVAAAAAALL!!!
Daps
Reppin
DUUUVAAAAAAAAAL
what did they change about it? considering buying as well

Its not really complicated, its just different. Once you get a handle on it, its pretty streamlined. I like it, i think its an improvement over what they had.

Oh and they added the physics engine and more option plays. Read Option is kind of overpowered though....

datmass

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ncaa 14 is a masterpiece, it has everything i was waiting for. the new animations, along with the new recruiting make it great. its an upgrade for sure.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yeah its great, im in the ps3 coli league and in my offline dynasty im 8 years in, computer is actually competitive for once

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
yeah its great, im in the ps3 coli league and in my offline dynasty im 8 years in, computer is actually competitive for once

word. i play on heisman and in past editions i would get bored after my 2nd or 3rd season because I would never lose a game. I'm now in my 6th season and have not yet had an undefeated season. Computer AI is way tougher.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
word. i play on heisman and in past editions i would get bored after my 2nd or 3rd season because I would never lose a game. I'm now in my 6th season and have not yet had an undefeated season. Computer AI is way tougher.

yeah same here, in my current season im 6-3.

but my wins have been close as hell, some in ot, some just by a td etc.

It's much harder to sack, and any bad pass gets picked off.

years past I could just call a fade and just toss it up not anymore.

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
yeah same here, in my current season im 6-3.

but my wins have been close as hell, some in ot, some just by a td etc.

It's much harder to sack, and any bad pass gets picked off.

years past I could just call a fade and just toss it up not anymore.
one of the biggest changes is the long ball. in previous editions you could take your fastest guy and lob it everytime and he would score a td from anywhere on the field. i don't think i've had a passing td longer than 50 yards this year.