Is my diet on point?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I need experienced coli heads to look at what I feed into my body daily. It's a 2400 calorie diet mainly to lose weight. I do weight traing as well. I'm 5'10 200lbs

Morning
(Big green smoothie shake)

Cup kale
Cup spinach
Banana
Assorted veggies
Blueberries
Peanut butter
Oatmeal
Olive oil
Chia seeds
3 scoops Protein powder

It's about 1232 calories and fills me up for a long time

My next meal is:
Cup brown rice
Sardines

Next one is:
2 eggs
Chicken

Before bed I have:
2 scoops protein peanut butter

For snacks I have:
Cashew nuts
2 oranges

It's not your conventional meal plan due to work and school so I eat at odd times but I've tried to add a lot of nutritious food to my diet and completely cut out junk. Apart from the smoothie and protein shakes, only liquid I drink is water.

Any advice to improve it will be welcome.

Last edited:

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Is 2400 your cal intake that you need to lose weight - many people just pluck a number out the air without knowing if that will even work for them. Everyone loses weight at a diff calorie deficit.

Are you hitting your macros - a good split is to have 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat when cutting as you wanna keep protein as much as you can.

There is no perfect diet, as long as you have the right calorie intake set and your hitting your macros, then you will lose weight.

Eat foods that you enjoy and will keep you full and satisfied, whilst ensuring you hit your calorie and macro numbers.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is 2400 your cal intake that you need to lose weight - many people just pluck a number out the air without knowing if that will even work for them. Everyone loses weight at a diff calorie deficit.

Are you hitting your macros - a good split is to have 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat when cutting as you wanna keep protein as much as you can.

There is no perfect diet, as long as you have the right calorie intake set and your hitting your macros, then you will lose weight.

Eat foods that you enjoy and will keep you full and satisfied, whilst ensuring you hit your calorie and macro numbers.
My protein is about 200g a day, fat 117g a day but mostly good fats and carbs is about 160g a day.

Macros:
Carb: 26%
Fat:43%
Protein: 31%

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
My protein is about 200g a day, fat 117g a day but mostly good fats and carbs is about 160g a day.

Macros:

I would lower the fat and up the carbs and protein IMO.

Is 2400 is the right calorie intake for you and your needs ?

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys

Macros:

You didn't answer my man's question about your caloric intake.

A good rule is 9x-11x your bodyweight for weight loss and 13x-15x the amount of your bodyweight for weight gain.

That would put you in the range of 1800-2200 calories a day to be split up how you see fit. But I mean, you can always drop 300-500 below your BMR and go from there too.

I know you're looking for a definitive "yes your diet is on point" or "no, fix that." But truth is, unless you're wedded to a specific diet, you can just diligently track your calories and macros and just about anything will work. For god sakes, nikkas lose weight eating hoagies and chick-fil-a.

Are you consistently eating less than your body needs? If yes, you'll lose weight.

I would ask what foods will allow you to consistently eat below maintenance?

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You didn't answer my man's question about your caloric intake.

A good rule is 9x-11x your bodyweight for weight loss and 13x-15x the amount of your bodyweight for weight gain.

That would put you in the range of 1800-2200 calories a day to be split up how you see fit. But I mean, you can always drop 300-500 below your BMR and go from there too.

I know you're looking for a definitive "yes your diet is on point" or "no, fix that." But truth is, unless you're wedded to a specific diet, you can just diligently track your calories and macros and just about anything will work. For god sakes, nikkas lose weight eating hoagies and chick-fil-a.

Are you consistently eating less than your body needs? If yes, you'll lose weight.

I would ask what foods will allow you to consistently eat below maintenance?
Thanks. My caloric intake to lose weight according to myfitnesspal is 2400. I also do a lot of weight training and cardio about 6 days a week. Wouldn't that allow me to go a bit above my normal intake? I do want to lose weight but not to the point where I'm struggling with my lifts

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Thanks. My caloric intake to lose weight according to myfitnesspal is 2400. I also do a lot of weight training and cardio about 6 days a week. Wouldn't that allow me to go a bit above my normal intake? I do want to lose weight but not to the point where I'm struggling with my lifts

Hmmm, MFP for giving advice on weight loss aint too great TBH.

Its great for tracking foods, but dunno what is up with their calculator but it gives some crazy calorie intake amounts.

Like Rick said, BW x 9-11 is a good starting point and commonly useds, keep an eye on it to see what works for you. Could be a case that you need to drop of 100 cals or something.

With this method you should be able to lose 1 to 2lb of weight a week.

Good luck, keep at it and dont get too caught up on the number on the scales.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I need experienced coli heads to look at what I feed into my body daily. It's a 2400 calorie diet mainly to lose weight. I do weight trading as well. I'm 5'10 200lbs

Morning

Cup kale
Cup spinach
Banana
Assorted veggies
Blueberries
Peanut butter
Oatmeal
Olive oil
Chia seeds
3 scoops Protein powder

My next meal is:
Cup brown rice
Sardines

Next one is:
2 eggs
Chicken

Before bed I have:

For snacks I have:
Cashew nuts
2 oranges

It's not your conventional meal plan due to work and school so I eat at odd times but I've tried to add a lot of nutritious food to my diet and completely cut out junk. Apart from the smoothie and protein shakes, only liquid I drink is water.

1232 calorie breakfast smoothie shake? That's like half your daily caloric intake in one meal. The drinking water only is good.
You can start with that and see how it goes.
If you aren't losing weight or aren't losing your projected weekly amount of weight, you could cut out your "before bedtime 2 scoops of protein peanut butter" out. Save 1/4 of your breakfast smoothie shake, refrigerate it, and drink the remainder before bedtime.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I need experienced coli heads to look at what I feed into my body daily. It's a 2400 calorie diet mainly to lose weight. I do weight traing as well. I'm 5'10 200lbs

Morning

Cup kale
Cup spinach
Banana
Assorted veggies
Blueberries
Peanut butter
Oatmeal
Olive oil
Chia seeds
3 scoops Protein powder

My next meal is:
Cup brown rice
Sardines

Next one is:
2 eggs
Chicken

Before bed I have:

For snacks I have:
Cashew nuts
2 oranges

Why are you putting olive oil in your smoothie?:patrice:

That's a bulking technique.

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys

Yea, you gotta figure out whether you want to cut or bulk. Like the new Equinox slogan says, commit to something.

Your lifts won't necessarily suffer but you'll likely need to adjust. Less redundant lifts. Or you can adjust reps, weight, and rest. No more than 30 seconds rest, lighter weight, 12-15 reps. This will help body composition but will not make you stronger.

What are your goals? Either way....

#Commit