Is moving for a woman worth it or should I end this chapter of my life..

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
My girl flat out said, she is going to do whats best for herself(word from her sister) and move back home to Virginia....she started crying because I did not commit to doing it. I honestly don't care to move. I know that there are things there I will not be happy about. Winter weather is number 1. I don't care for that shyt. Virginia is expensive as fk, I am chasing financial freedom.

The only thing in Northern VA for me would be settling down and cyber security jobs, other than that, I am pretty sure i am going to HATE it there. I will be starting over completely while she goes back to her roots.

Part of me feel like I am forsaking my own happyness. Her momma was like if I truly loved her, I would move as if I cant say the same ish in return.

Daps
Where do you live? What do you do now? What does your girl do for a living? Who has more family in that area?

Do you love this girl?

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Atlanta, I love it here :manny:. Can't say I will love northern VA or not, I doubt it. Found a place I loved never thought about moving until I got into a relationship. Yeah, I will be moving for her..not because I want to be there.

I'll level with you, nova is pretty wack compared to Atlanta but I guess it's a good place to settle down if you're trying to do the marriage thing. But in general it's kinda soulless and I thoroughly hate their urban planning.

On the flip side I've seen plenty of transplants come from Atlanta to DC and love it. That's probably the best compromise if you want to stay with her.

Do y'all live together now?

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My girl flat out said, she is going to do whats best for herself(word from her sister) and move back home to Virginia....she started crying because I did not commit to doing it. I honestly don't care to move. I know that there are things there I will not be happy about. Winter weather is number 1. I don't care for that shyt. Virginia is expensive as fk, I am chasing financial freedom.

The only thing in Northern VA for me would be settling down and cyber security jobs, other than that, I am pretty sure i am going to HATE it there. I will be starting over completely while she goes back to her roots.

Part of me feel like I am forsaking my own happyness. Her momma was like if I truly loved her, I would move as if I cant say the same ish in return.

You answered your own question with the first sentence and the last sentence.

it's not like she suggested somewhere neutral. Taht's very selfish of her.

She doesn't know compromise. Wuld be different if you both moved to Charlotte, that's a compromise.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
I'll level with you, nova is pretty wack compared to Atlanta but I guess it's a good place to settle down if you're trying to do the marriage thing. But in general it's kinda soulless and I thoroughly hate their urban planning.

On the flip side I've seen plenty of transplants come from Atlanta to DC and love it. That's probably the best compromise if you want to stay with her.

Do y'all live together now?

Yeah, sure but I truly feel like Atlanta is home as a transplant.

It’s hard to gauge when you can’t tell what her issue is and why she feels she has to move back. Need more info to make proper judgement call:jbhmm:

Thinks Atlanta has too many crimes, thinks people here are ratchet, family and friends are all in Northern VA, closer to family basically. Guilt tripping me saying I led her on and wasted her time.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Atlanta, I love it here :manny:. Can't say I will love northern VA or not, I doubt it. Found a place I loved never thought about moving until I got into a relationship. Yeah, I will be moving for her..not because I want to be there.

Stay where you are. She gon do what she wanna do anyway.

After she leaves, get your ass in the gym, get that glow up going, grow your hair, produce some tracks for Summer Walker + that chick from Bel Air, post some pics of yourself faked hugged up with Keke Palmer and watch her stalk your IG stories.

Don’t even bother hitting her up either. Just let it marinate.