Is LA Fitness worth it

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So these are the two choices I have since the gym at my work is closed.

Planet fitness is 24.99 with multiple locations while LA is 33.99. Both have $40 annual maintenance fees.

LA said they would do one year for $323 which comes out to 26.91.

Is LA fitness worth the extra money. I'm 9n this debt free journey so I'm trying to be tight on money.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
PF has limited equipment generally. $ aside you probably have to decide if you can get your programming done at PF.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Limited equipment at PF including no squat racks and a bunch of rules they enforce to maintain a culture free of “intimidation” so you’d also have to see if you feel like dealing with their safe space for fatties culture
Pizza parties :blessed:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
So these are the two choices I have since the gym at my work is closed.

Planet fitness is 24.99 with multiple locations while LA is 33.99. Both have $40 annual maintenance fees.

LA said they would do one year for $323 which comes out to 26.91.

Is LA fitness worth the extra money. I'm 9n this debt free journey so I'm trying to be tight on money.
I just signed up for LA again this week (used to be a member but my job has a gym in the building)

never had any issues as a member, and the location by me is in walking distance

LA will have better equipment too

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I hated that the LA fitness I went to had all the heavy bags in the same room as the cycling and dance classes, so you could only use it when nobody in there.

so if you into that type of shyt, sign up at a LA Fitness that has a separate bag room.

AQz

All Star
Supporter
Daps
LA Fitness all day. To me Planet Fitness is more geared towards people that want to do cardio and/or only use fixed machines.

The only Olympic sized bar they have is attached to the fixed motion squat rack. You can’t do free bench press, squats or deadlifts at planet fitness. The most basic things. I also found they have a lot less Olympic weights.

I also found that their dumbbell selection is way limited. LA Fitness goes up to 125 pound dumbbells in at the least the places I went to. PF went up to 50-60.

If you don’t care about free weights they are prob about the same. I’d get a guest pass though for both and check out the machine situation.

one pro for PF is at least the one I went to had staff walking around cleaning the machines and pretty much the same amount of sanitizing items LA has post COVID like 2 years ago.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Ask yourself this question OP: Do you eem lift? :mjgrin:

If you answered "fukk yes", go to LF and cut the price difference out of your budget somewhere else. :wow:

If you answered anything else you are not about that life and PF will do just fine. :stopitslime:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Yes, it has a bench press, flat, incline and decline, machines, cables, squat rack etc which planet fitness doesn’t have minus the machines and cables.