Is Jira and Tableau easy to learn? (thinking of putting on resume)

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I need help landing a new job. I have a Jira certification. I took this free course through Atlassian. But I never used it at work. I know most employers dont want to see skills you dont have direct experience in. Also a lot of companies want Tableau knowledge. I was thinking about taking a Linkedin learning course on it. But I wanted to say I can create dashboards in Tableau. I know how to create them in salesforce. Is that something I can pick up quickly? Should I lie and say I have work experience with Tableau and Jira on my resume. Or is it not worth it? I'm pretty good at picking things up and learning quickly. But i don't want to get ahead of myself.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
I use Pluralsight. A one time yearly payment, for unlimited courses. They do have Jira as well.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
JIRA very easy to learn what’s going to be challenge is setting up your team, their flow, and sprint planning. What’s your role breh?
Product Solution Analyst for the state. I'm looking for a new role on the east coast though. And I've been looking at product analyst and business analyst roles. And when I look at these job listings most of em want Jira or tableau experience. I took a free certification course for Jira but I've never used it at work. If I make up something on my resume saying i do have experience. I'm just not sure if i can pick it up fast enough.

Sir ZDuke

All Star
Daps
Yes, when I was learning Tableau, I just followed along with projects on YouTube. Then did a few self- initiated projects. Had one where I analyzed my own streaming data. You can get a Udemy course when there’s a sale, but honestly everything you need is on YT. Also look into PowerBI, since that won’t require a license like Tableau

Nokids

Promise if I have a seed imma guide him right
Daps
Reppin
I worked with Tableau for a couple years.. shyt it’s real easy to learn once you know how to merge the data together using databases and sql queries..

dm me bro I worked with it at a fortune 50 company. Saved them hella money with refreshing the data and updating to current day

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Product Solution Analyst for the state. I'm looking for a new role on the east coast though. And I've been looking at product analyst and business analyst roles. And when I look at these job listings most of em want Jira or tableau experience. I took a free certification course for Jira but I've never used it at work. If I make up something on my resume saying i do have experience. I'm just not sure if i can pick it up fast enough.

So you’re an end user not a team owner or scrum master so you just need the basics. If that’s all breh, all you need is a four hour course and understand how to communicate during a stand and you’re good.

Last edited:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
if youve used any basic project management software, then JIRA should be fairly straight forward

it only gets tricky really based on your teams work structure and flow

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
So you’re an end user not a team owner or scrum master so you just need the basics. If that’s all breh all you need is a four course and understand how to communicate during a stand and you’re good.
Anything you would recommend? Would a linkedin learning course help?

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I worked with Tableau for a couple years.. shyt it’s real easy to learn once you know how to merge the data together using databases and sql queries..

dm me bro I worked with it at a fortune 50 company. Saved them hella money with refreshing the data and updating to current day
Have you used any of the other BI prducts n the market? I've done Qlikview/Sense for years, did a little powerbi and my current pace uses Tableau. Tableau is the most frustrating to me out of the 3. But I don't spend a lot of time touching tableau, so it may just be me.