Is it too early to be truthful about the last season of Barry?

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I think the time jump wasn't executed well but overall the season wasn't that bad :manny:
Barry probably should have been on the run from all his enemies in the present for the whole season with Sally running away with him at the end and then come back next season with the time jump.
I don't know if COVID had anything to do with it but I don't think Barry and Hank actually were in a scene together in the final season. They should have spent the whole season conspiring against each other.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think the time jump wasn't executed well but overall the season wasn't that bad :manny:
Barry probably should have been on the run from all his enemies in the present for the whole season with Sally running away with him at the end and then come back next season with the time jump.
I don't know if COVID had anything to do with it but I don't think Barry and Hank actually were in a scene together in the final season. They should have spent the whole season conspiring against each other.

The entire direction of the last season just felt incredibly off to me even before the time skip. Like those prison episodes felt like a huge waste of time.

Did anyone actually like that ending?

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
The entire direction of the last season just felt incredibly off to me even before the time skip. Like those prison episodes felt like a huge waste of time.

Did anyone actually like that ending?
I was fine with Barry's ending, reminded me of Leo's end in The Departed
Sally's prologue was whatever

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The tone shifted too much for my liking.

Previously likable characters became hard-to-root-for, and they tried to make the hard-to-root-for characters likeable (cough Fuches cough) but it just wasn't believable. Aside from Barry who flip flopped every season, every character did a 180 from the prior seasons and it was too jarring.

Good series overall, but the last season was forgettable for me at least

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The tone shifted too much for my liking.

Previously likable characters became hard-to-root-for, and they tried to make the hard-to-root-for characters likeable (cough Fuches cough) but it just wasn't believable. Aside from Barry who flip flopped every season, every character did a 180 from the prior seasons and it was too jarring.

Good series overall, but the last season was forgettable for me at least

I was thinking this was gonna do down as one of the goats by the end of season 3. I’m not really sure what Hader was doing for the final season, it felt like he was trying to be too abstract and/or artistic with everything. It just didn’t feel like the same show.

Season felt like some covid nonsense, like they just wanted to get it over with. What you said about the characters is true, everyone just became super unlikable, especially Sally

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Gizmo_Duck you mentioned Sally, and I was also thinking about her, but specifically the first person that comes to mind is NoHo Hank. He was the lovable, optimistic albeit naive heart of the show that balanced out Barry's calculated, lack-of-affect demeanor.

NoHo Hank did a heel turn too fast/too hard and became too much of a villain imo. I do understand how he could've ended up in the same place from a character storyline, but imo that needed to be something that was hard fought and something he wrestled with for an entire season but instead it happened in the span of ~4 episodes

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I still enjoyed it but yeah I didn’t love the time jump or the finale. It got so far away from what it was initially was, it sill had some hilarious moments though

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I thought season 3 was better BUT the way Barry ended was quite poetic in a crazy sort of way. Plus the funny moments were hilarious.