Is it really that hard to become a rapper?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I'm seeing Cash Out and Chief Keef garbage asses making noise, so why can't the rest of them blow up? :why:

I respect yall niccas out chea tryna make it doe :mjpls:

dont give up on your dream, just have a back up plan

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
For every chief keef there is probably 1000 dudes who has yet to make enough money to pay for a dorm room.

I'd assume that it's easier to make partner at a law firm or VP at a bank than becoming a successful rapper.
The market is too small, 1 rapper serves millions of people. And it's already been proven, technical skills does not equal success. Maybe back in the days when A&Rs strictly were looking for skilled rappers and radio/mtv only were playing what A&Rs signed to the major labels. But nowadays, they cut the middleman the "tastemakers" and access the costumers for practically no money. Timing, luck, grind and having something unique.

SecretLover

iMAThugsDOLL ♥
Daps
Reppin
Pluto
All these girls wanna model all the nikkas wanna rap :sadbron: goto school

Edi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well a lot of nikkas don't have the personality, charisma, or arrogance to become a rapper.

also there is some luck involved if you can find the right beat

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
being a rapper is who you know to get in. and thats the only reason you hear what you hear today. the dude who is awesome but dont know the right people and dont have 7 nights a week to go on, prolly isnt getting known

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
yeah thats true

its all about who you know forreal

didnt future know rocko?

2 chainz knew luda?

meek got put on by charlie mac who knew tip

etc

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
It easier now than back then. But you gotta be on ya grind. The opportunity window is really small. You gotta start at like 17-22. You gotta put in the groundwork and utilize ya resources.

Honey Cocaine got on thru fukkin Youtube and constantly hitting Tyga up on Twitter. But besides if you got the talent you really dont need a label to do good for yourself. The probelm is alot of untalented mofos are using the same tactics as well

Use the internet people:

Wiz linked with Currensy on Myspace/Twitter

Clams linked with Lil B on Myspace

Drake linked with Jprince on Myspace

Asap Ty Beats linked with Asap Rocky on Facebook.

Jahlil Beatz linked with Meek on Myspace

The Cool Kids met over Myspace